on 21 April 2008
Very comprehensive and user-friendly, covers everything from the ground up, but if (as the book assumes) you're new to Wordpress, you're not likely to know that the book is now out of date. Wordpress 2.5 appeared at the end of March '08, and I'm having a bit of trouble finding my way around it with a book designed for the previous release. Really, it should tell you on the cover which version of Wordpress it applies to.
33 comments|30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 March 2009
This book is now seriously out of date. If you're thinking of buying it, well DON'T. I bought this book recently and I'm finding the references to menus almost irrelevant. WordPress has obviously changed since this book was published. I am finding the answers to most of my questions from the WordPress support.
on 15 March 2013
I did not find it easy to follow. It did not teach me things I wanted to know how to do. Perhaps it's me who is at fault. I am a late-comer to computing and found the book expected one to have more knowledge than I actually had.
on 18 July 2013
I bought this as I wanted a step by step guide to word press. Sadly, it was an outdated copy so wasn't fit for the purpose I bought it for. Word press has change significantly since this book was printed.
on 5 June 2014
I brought this as I thought it might help me a edit a website being published by an IT company on behalf of a Club I belong to however, I have found it a difficult read and understand.
on 7 January 2012
Good book. Worth reading. I did want some really basic stuff however, that it did not have. I suppose doing and learning on the job is the way forward. Recommend it.
on 17 April 2014
I am a lover of this particular series of books and this one was no different to the rest. I had delivery really quickly and I will be back to buy again.
on 5 December 2014
At last an instruction book on blogging that talks in plain English rather than Double Dutch!
on 19 November 2007
I've been using WordPress for a while but felt as though I ought to know more about it. WordPress for Dummies gives me exactly what I wanted in a way which is pleasant to read and expremely informative.
on 10 May 2008
An absolutely fantastic manual for learning WordPress. Lisa Sabin-Wilson will have you blogging in no time and if you want to start a "serious" blog then you seriously need to get this book!

When is the "Advanced WordPress" going to appear Lisa? Some newbies want to get straight into Themes and other types of serious tinkering, especially business bloggers who already have a site design and want to add a blog to their existing site design.

It is just so easy to dive into the book at any topic and find the information that you need and the references to other chapters or sections when they are needed. The PHP and JavaScript information is a particularly good feature that comes as a sort of FOC added bonus! Thank You