Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 May 2009
What I liked about this book was that it said what it does on the tin! As someone recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia I found it useful to use this for a reference, to reassure me and help me understand this illness.

It also has helped my partner understand and for that alone it's worth recommending! As a sufferer of FM I often look well, so this is an aid to dispel that myth, I often feel awful!

I feel that the book is somewhat repetitive, but then I read it through from beginning to end. I endured the repetition as for "dippers" it is good - and at the end of the day it helped me understand and accept the illness.

Thanks to the authors for an accessible and easy to read book!
on 2 June 2009
this book has been the best book I have read on fibromyalgia. It recognises the fact FM is real, and gives very useful and update information about living with fm. I would recommend it for all who suffer with this horrible condtion
on 30 March 2009
Finally! A book full of useful info that is straightforward and helpful. I've had fibromyalgia for 12 years, and have read just about every book on the planet on the subject. This is the one I go to most often for reassurance.
on 22 May 2009
A very useful book - clear and easy to dip in and out of. Some bits American and not relevant for UK market but would still recommend as a balanced overview with good tips
on 16 April 2009
this book can be dipped into and doesn't have to be read cover to cover, easy to understand, only downfall is that drugs to help are all American. otherwise a great referance book.
on 15 March 2004
I purchased this book with a view it may help my condition. What a big mistake. A complete waste of money. Each chapter was a repeat of the previous with variations. I read the first 4 chapters so fast and my only thought was am I really going to learn anything new!!
on 19 November 2011
Although this book was very informative, a lot of it was relevant if you lived in America, especially the sections on Doctors and Medicine!! It is written in plain English and is easy to understand, but I found some parts a bit repetitive, maybe I was expecting too much; I had previously read a Fibromyalgia book written by a Dr from a London Pain Clinic,Fibromyalgia and Myofascial Pain Syndrome: A Practical Guide to Getting on With Your Life and that may have set the bar a little to high!
Overall an informative book if you dont know anything about Fibromyalgia, but I regret paying so much for it considering it only half of it was relevant to the UK :(
on 14 August 2010
Excellent book which explains all for people with fibro, and people who live with someone with fibro. All explained in easy to understand terms. Great, easy reading, especially because you can skip to the bits you really want to know more about!
on 31 July 2009
A good, informative book. A little too American for my liking and had to skip through a bit that was irrelevant to non-American's, but otherwise has been very helpful.

Since reading this (and forgetting how the book started due to brain fog!!!), I have tried a few things suggested, cutting down on caffeine, getting more sleep etc and my symptoms do seem to have improved - maybe it's just because the weather isn't so hot and humid, or maybe because it works - who knows.

Would recommend it to anyone who thinks they may have Fibromyalgia, who actually has it, or knows someone who has it.
on 27 May 2012
Brilliant product, very informational and currently very up to date as far as I can see so far. Would recommend to any sufferer of fibromyalgia or anybody interested in the silent illness. Delivery was fast also.