on 12 October 2009
E-mail marketing, the electronic descendant of direct mail, has changed the way businesses communicate with customers. The problem is that many marketers misuse it. Enter Chris Baggott, who brings to the table years of experience both in marketing and with e-mail software. Writing with Ali Sales, he provides a solid presentation of the topic and plenty of real-world examples showing how companies have used industry-tested e-mail techniques to attract and retain clients. This guide includes input from other e-mail experts and users, offering readers a variety of helpful opinions and handy pointers for measuring the success of an e-mail campaign by looking at the numbers. getAbstract recommends this eminently practical, direct book to anyone looking to find more effective ways to influence buyers.
on 9 January 2012
I've read a number of books on email marketing and not surprisingly a lot of books can feel like a bit of a hard slog or a bit repetitive, but this book is written really well. Thoroughly enjoyable read, and actually didn't want to put it down. Some great case studies to back up points and generally i like the informality of the writing. If you're looking to swot up on email marketing this is certainly a great place to start.
on 22 February 2015
I don't know who did the proof reading but they didn't make that good a job of it.
on 8 December 2007
I have always admired the books on Email Marketing. They seem to appeal to your attention as if saying, "Take me and get rich!" I have read about 14-15 books of that kind and liked all of them. They are strong, masterfully written and highly inspiring. During the first week after the reading, I constantly search for a chance to start my email marketing biz. Fortunately, I have other interesting jobs to do, so it's not easy to start the first base.
I am always personal about the books I review, but I guess it's the best approach. The book is a must for those who search for new ideas in marketing and new opportunities in business. This kind of books is all similar. However, this one seems to maintain the reputation of John Wiley & Sons publishers and is extremely professional!