5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe InDesign CS 3 Bible
It is a great book, that was sent in time and packed diligently against rain and shock should it fall down. It is a valuable inspiration for dealing with the programme and it really takes its time to browse through its wealth of pages. I am very glad, that somebody took the trouble to keep it in shape and was so kind to sell it now.
Published 3 months ago by Karl-Heinz Loeffler

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Novice
After getting this book and after reading various reviews I was looking forward to getting my teeth into InDesign CS3as I use it at work.
This book is not for the novice (Me).
It is very detailed in it's explanation of terms and is aligned at the user who has a good working knowledge of InDesign CS3 .
This is not for the feint hearted as it is a very thick...
Published on 19 Mar 2008 by Mr. J. A. Berry

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the Novice, 19 Mar 2008
This review is from: Adobe InDesign CS3 Bible (Paperback)
This book is not for the novice (Me).
This is not for the feint hearted as it is a very thick book 988 pages.
I'm sure after 12 months I may be able to purchase this again and use the knowledge contained init to brush up my InDesign knowledge.
As for now, it has been returned as it is far too complex for me.
Other users may find it it great and give it 5 stars, me, 2 stars as it is too complicated and long winded.
Have bought InDesign CS3 Visual Quickstart Guise by Sandee Cohen (Easier, less detailed and a very good reference book).

5.0 out of 5 stars Adobe InDesign CS 3 Bible, 14 Sep 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Indesign CS3 Bible Frustration, 2 Jan 2008
This review is from: Adobe InDesign CS3 Bible (Paperback)
I bought this book after reading the reviews on this site and have come to the conclusion that they must have been planted by the publishers. Be warned of the following:
1. This book is not for beginners (me).
2. This book seems to contain inconsistencies, even in the quick start section (I have not been able to get past it).
3. You will not be able to read the quick start section and go to that job interview the next day and demonstrate an ability to use Indesign (as the book promises - I cancelled the interview).
4. The screenshots are almost entirely in poor quality b&w and you need to have 50/50 magnifying vision to see them - preferably with a high-powered light box!
5. That being said, if I ever do find a manual to teach me the basics, no doubt I will visit this massive volume from time to time for reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coverage of InDesign, suitable for all, 28 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Adobe InDesign Bible (Paperback)
I am new to this software, however I am very familiar with other Adobe products. However, I think that this book would suit the expert who is unfamiliar with the techniques of InDesign, or for the novice.
The book has excellent coverage of the features in InDesign. It gives very helpful screen shots and good hints and tips.
I would recommend this book to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars InDesign - First Impressions, 20 Oct 2007
Mr. J. Dean (Mansfield, Notts. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Adobe InDesign CS3 Bible (Paperback)
I recently took delivery of the subject book and I have slowly mulling over 988 pages of information relating to InDesign, a page layout application. In the past I have always made use of word processor, which has limited page layout capabilities. I was surprised by power and flexibility of InDesign. Adobe® InDesign® CS3 Bible takes up where the User Guide leaves. The book adds some some pretty useful and techniques to the User Guide. What I believe to be missing is a Glossary and "Function Location Maps". I have a fun and, I hope weekend. This is truly an excellent book like the other books in CS3 family

Adobe InDesign CS3 Bible
Adobe InDesign CS3 Bible by Galen Gruman (Paperback - 22 Jun 2007)