5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of detail!
Published on 7 Sept. 2008 by Cheatin' Jockey

3.0 out of 5 stars A Manual
A big, heavy, manual.
Nice for what it is, but google these days is as helpful as this book is.
Published on 24 Dec. 2012 by Sasa Domenico Maric

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of detail!, 7 Sept. 2008
Cheatin' Jockey (Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Photoshop CS3 Bible (Paperback)
I purchased this after I got 'Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers' as I wanted to learn some of the background to what that book taught me. This book gives you detail in spades and is a true resource for anyone from a beginner to an expert, though it doesn't give you the instruction on how to achieve specific results like Kelby's book so I'm glad I have both.

The book is mostly black & white with a few colour pages in the middle so don't expect something with loads of colour pics - I was disappointed by that at first but that went away as I worked through it. It's got so much valuable stuff that using by your computer you will see the colour on screen anyway. If you've got CS3 and need to know more, this is the book for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop CS3 Bible, 31 May 2009
This review is from: Photoshop CS3 Bible (Paperback)
Having used Photoshop for over 12 years I decided to purchase this book when I purchased the new CS3 (to see how to get the most out of it), while there is of course much of it I did know there was also much more that I didn't. In just a short time I was able to use the features I had been using for years in more powerful ways and it really has made a huge difference. So even if you think you know everything there is to know about Photoshop, you might be surprised! It is well written, easy to follow and if you already have some experience you will fly through it and glean the best bits to improve your work flow. It is a must have.

5.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop to the full, 31 Aug. 2010
J. Calderwood (N. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop CS3 Bible (Paperback)
I've been working with Adobe CS3 since it came out and was struggling with Photoshop - it is in many ways intuitive, but there is such depth to what it can do that it's easy to miss out on many aspects. I had already used Kelby's book "The Adobe Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers" but did not get the detailed instruction that I needed. Within a day of this book's arrival I was discovering new techniques and interesting procedures. This lives up to the high reputation of the "Bible" series from Wiley.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for photoshoppers, 3 Jan. 2011
Dorothy Connor (Stockport, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Photoshop CS3 Bible (Paperback)
I do a bit of web development, including the processing of images. I use this book for reference and it is extremely useful. (I have also reviewed the Dreamweaver CS3 Bible with similar praise.)

2.0 out of 5 stars Photoshop CS3 Bible not inspiring, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Photoshop CS3 Bible (Paperback)
When you open the book it does not make you want to keep reading on, the pages and type are of low dull quality and because the font is small it is difficult to follow when trying to read the book and create the effect on screen. There are very few colour photos which again makes for a dull grey look to the book.
The subjects covered are wide and varied but there are better books on the market that keep your interest while reading.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Manual, 24 Dec. 2012
Sasa Domenico Maric (Parma, Italy) - See all my reviews
A big, heavy, manual.
Nice for what it is, but google these days is as helpful as this book is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Photoshop CS3 Bible (Paperback)
good product. good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars I love good advice, 3 Oct. 2007
Martin A. Chambers (U.K.) - See all my reviews
Photoshop CS3 Bible

I don't know about you, but I need an instruction manual to open an e-mail let alone to start messing around with Photoshop. Still Photoshop was on my machine sitting there unused, and would have beeen likely to have remained unused if the Fuller's Photoshop CS3 Bible hadn't caught me eye. Now look, if I can understand what I'm being told in there, it should be a right doddle for those who know their html from their www (whatever those initials might mean)! So if you're into Photoshop (or wuold like to be)I reckon you should give this book a go (that means but it!!!). And no, I've not mastered everything yet, but now I don't feel afraid just opening the thing. It's just like having a friendly tutor sitting alongside your monitor and muttering to you "go on, you can do it". There are step by step instructions for idiots like me, more complicated bits for those who understand computer vocabulary, and handy hints and suggestions for those who can't swim without wearing life belt just like me.
I'm told (my wife, she's just read what I'm writing) that people in the US will not understand the word "doddle" Well up them I say(it means easy" and that's another reason why they should buy this book, it tells you everything you need to know about photoshop, and a good many things you didn'y know you needed to know.

maroc2

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Dec. 2014
great

Photoshop CS3 Bible
Photoshop CS3 Bible by Robert C. Fuller (Paperback - 3 July 2007)
Used & New from: £0.01