5.0 out of 5 stars An introduction to a principle that will change the world
I ought to point out that I have been following Joe's work for some time. I was on one of his manifestation events that he quotes in the book, where he was still trying to get his head round the principles in 'Zero Limits'. I've watched 'The Secret' (and loved it) - I've read 'The Attractor Factor' (and loved it).

I have to say that I don't actually like a...
Published on 16 July 2007 by Tim Hodgson

1.0 out of 5 stars A Major Ego Trip
If this book were actually about the secrets of Ho'oponpono, I'd give it 5 stars, easily.

If this book had been written by Dr Hew Len, I'd do the same.

Published on 23 Mar 2008 by Sunshine

1.0 out of 5 stars A Major Ego Trip, 23 Mar 2008
This review is from: Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More (Hardcover)

If this book had been written by Dr Hew Len, I'd do the same.

Just one problem with this book: Joe Vitale doesn't actually give you the secrets of Ho'oponopono. He gives you the 4 part "cleaning" mantra, but he tells you repeatedly that, for it to really work, you need Dr Hew Len's special cleaning processes, which are confidential and you can only get hold of if you attend a course.

Much of the rest of the book is simply a Joe Vitale ego trip. He tells us he is one of God's 10 chosen men, he compares himself to Jesus, he is an "inspirator" of the planet, that Dr Hew Len wants to kneel at his feet. In the early part of the book - the story of how Joe discovered Dr Hew Len's methods, he frequently boasts about how Dr Hew Len was inspired by Vitale's questions in seminars and considered him to be special, above other attendees. He talks about how people find his writing meditative and life-changing. I actually found his writing in this book embarrassing and it even made me cringe, at points.

So, Joe would tell me it's ok to have written what I have written - he'll just "clean, clean, clean me". And thank you, if he does. He'd also tell me my response is simply him being a mirror to my own suppressed ego issues - and it probably is. At the end of the book he has a handy epilogue on the 3 stages of spiritual development and the fact that I don't think this is the most enlightening book I have ever read he would probably say is due to my lack of spiritual development...

The main message of this book is that love will cure all. I do whole-heartedly agree with that. The idea of going back to "zero" is also very powerful. The act of taking 100% responsibility for everything you have created in your life and eliminating all blame and complaining is also so true.

I just feel very disappointed that Joe Vitale made it clear he hasn't really shared with us the method that the book implies it will teach.

If you want a book to help you release your past and deal with the emotions and stuff that no longer serves you in your life, then The Amazing Power Of Emotions by Esther Hicks might be a better place to start.

Sorry to all those of you who loved this book - I honour the fact that you did. It's simply that, for me, it really didn't do it and I feel ready to return it for a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars An introduction to a principle that will change the world, 16 July 2007
Tim Hodgson "Man In Black" (Peterborough UK) - See all my reviews

I have to say that I don't actually like a lot of Joe's written work - this book included - simply because of the way it is written and put together. There are way too many testimonials from his fans (and his friends and mastermind group). There's way too much 'fat' in there. There are way too many pieces of irrelevant content. I know one of Joe's tenets is 'The Universe likes speed' - and often his books show the speed with which they are put together - lots of stuff that bulks things out. On that basis, this would get two stars.

So that's the warning over. Now here's the skinny. You need to read this book. Honestly, you really do. Even if you hate the way it's written. Even if your experience of Joe has left you disappointed. Because what's in here, when you sift through to the core, is dynamite. That's why I give it five stars. You might even feel 'is that it?' Can the secret to life be that simple? Well, yes it is, and no it isn't. As Joe himself says, the principle is simple, and applying it isn't always easy.

I've read this book twice now, and I can already feel the shift in my life. Read it. If it doesn't work for you, then that's fine... and if it does, then that's cool - but give it a chance.. stay open.. you might be amazed. Thanks, Joe - and thanks, Dr Len.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Purifying Stuff in a Toxic World, 19 July 2007
I had first come across Dr. Hew Len's work in healing a ward full of criminally insane patients on the Disappearance of the Universe discussion group. The amazing thing about his healing technique was that he never actually met these people, he would instead look within himself to whatever it was that was causing this outward manifestation of illness and negativity, knowing that everyone and everything is ultimately One and connected (as any spiritual guru will tell you). He knew he was, at some level, ultimately responsible for the issue.

He used an ancient Hawaiin technique called Ho'oponopono to cleanse the negative feelings that came up in him as he thought about these people by using the same 4 phrases over and over ("I love you, I'm sorry, please forgive me, thank you"). As he did so, he was evoking his higher Self, or Divinity, to remove the negative feelings, and replace them with its Self (namely Pure Love). This had the effect of removing the negative programs that were running in these 'criminally insane' people so that gradually they were able to live normal lives again.

This book then is a great coverage of this remarkably simple technique, and the fact that all it boils down to in life is to cleanse, cleanse, cleanse our negative memories, feelings and data so that we can become one with the Divine and inspired by It/Him (as opposed to dictated by decisions formed by our fretful conscious minds). We are a sum total of our memories, and bound by interhuman programs handed down to us over millenia, so to clear and cleanse these means unbounded joy and freedom, and Oneness with the Divine, our ultimate goal in life!

This is a MUST READ by even the most hardened and skeptical of souls!!!! Do yourself a favour: go release yourself!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Written proof and instruction on how to wipe out all problems easily and enjoyably, 4 Aug 2007
In this amazing book Joe Vitale describes his encounters with Dr Ihaleakala Hew Len, the Hawaiian psychologist and healer, where they tell us about many different applications of the Hawaiian method Ho'oponopono.

These examples cover areas like
* violent inmates in a prison hospital who become calm,
* a room that needed to be acknowledged before allowing a large dinner party to occupy it or
* the innocence of hamburgers because the real enemy is what you think about the food

Dr Hew Len teaches that we alone, each one of us, are responsible for everything outside ourselves.

Joe describes the steps through the book's many examples. Many of us would have some difficulty in recognising the situations where we could apply the extremely easy and simple steps to heal the situation by healing ourselves. Joe's examples make it much easier to recognise where we can use this method.

Trusting in gratitude, love and forgiveness enables us to lead healed lives in a healed society.

Try it for a few days and you'll see.

4.0 out of 5 stars Transformative process, 1 Dec 2010
This is a wild book as it boils spiritual practise down to 4 things. Sorry, Please forgive me, Thankyou, I love you. It is a distillation of an ancient Hawaiian method Ho'oponopono as taught by Dr Hew Len and interpreted by Joe Vitale. Hew Len healed a whole unit of criminally insane people in Hawaii by practising Sorry, Please forgive me, Thankyou, I love you, on himself. The annoying thing about the book is Joe Vitale and his self promotion methods and get rich schemes. But to give him credit he does challenge hinself on those issues and sincerely tries out the Ho'oponopono method. Everything that Hew Len says or teaches is really excellent. I trust that guy. It is a great method and I have tried it out on a couple of my own issues and it has helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars LIVE CHANGING -THANKYOU, 14 April 2009
I bought this gem for myself after my friend loved it and said I would love it even more. I wasnt prepared for what happened next. My husband who hasnt read a book in 23 years I have known him hijacked the book and hes a changed man. I felt trapped, he felt trapped and anger was within everything we breathed. Since reading about this wonderful method he has leaped forward into a world he thought wasnt there anymore. He always described himself as a non airy fairy guy and dont think the phrases and concept makes a man any less of a man- infact it creates THE MAN. I would reccommend this book to anyone who is ready to let go of their past and their patterns of thinking that have held them back from becoming the best they can be. Be open to change and miracles...........

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brutal -An Empty Pyramid Scheme of a Book, 12 Aug 2010
This is a poorly structured and convoluted book that doesn't deliver on any of its promises.
It is more about selling Joe Vitale and the work of his cronies.

I have read 3 books by Joe Vitale and listened to 2 audio programs and they all have one thing in common.
The teachings aren't clearly set out but instead are buried within self-publicizing anecdotes, which invariably contain references to other books or programs that Joe or his friends have created.

This book contains a number of case-studies from people who have encountered the Ho'oponpono teachings - and most of these are fellow self-help gurus who plug their own websites.
Joe is a relentless salesman and sifting through this garbage for the few nuggets of recycled wisdom is an exhausting and ultimately dissatisfying experience.

If you read someone like Joseph Murphy or Thich Nhat Hanh you'll see that they never mention other books by them or their friends. They're interested in delivering something of value to you and not selling you more and more.

Joe Vitale's approach is that of a used-car salesman and consequently he does a great disservice to his material.

Don't waste your money - buy anyone else's book but avoid Vitale with extreme prejudice.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works, 22 Mar 2008
By doing the exercises it really helps take out any negative moments. While on holiday on the beach running, lost my wallet and thought that's it. However did the exercise in the book along with stuff I had read in "the secret", walked back to the beach with hundred on people on it and bumped into a couple who had my wallet. Our eyes met and we knew we had a connection. This was weird but i said a big thankyou. Needs to be viewed in connection with quantum physics and frequencies. Amazing once you get your head around it.A great read just be open to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars howsome, 6 April 2011
I find it hard at first to understand and believe in it, but I gave it a go, and I was right.
As Joe Vitale said, once you start doing some cleaning, you get inspirations and ideas, and it feels fabulous.
It is like having the doors being open for you at all time. You can see more things but at the same time you feel less willing to critisize or being nasty to others. You just feel love!!!
It is wonderfull and strange at the same time.
Read it and stay open minded, it really worth it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, 11 Nov 2010
Many books promise to change your life, and probably with years of dedication they might. This one's message is simple and effective - and if we all put it into practice, would change the world. Quite simply it is about taking responsibility for everything that we become aware of - and dealing with it. Give it a try. It works

Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More
Zero Limits: The Secret Hawaiian System for Wealth, Health, Peace, and More by Ihaleakala Hew Len Ph.D (Hardcover - 3 Aug 2007)
Used & New from: £4.29