Format: Hardcover|Change

on 29 October 2011
I bought this thinking that some of the recipes should be OK with that many to choose from... So far, every one I've tried has been an absolute winner and there are many many more that appeal. I like the fact that they are mostly natural ingredients and the recipes are often very simple, yet delicious. I'm not a fancy cook but these are the sort of things that can be easily attempted after work for a quick surprise dinner. Very highly recommended. Definitely my vegan cooking bible.
on 12 November 2012
I am a new vegan so wanted lots of easy recipes to try out and this book has them. There is such a range of recipes that even experienced vegans will not be disappointed. Recipes cover meat replacements such as seitan and tofu as well as good sections on pulses and grains - all good basics.
on 28 May 2011
Great variety of recipes in a lovely to use book, which after being vegan for over 30 years, was an unexpected but pleasently received addition to my kitchen, without having to adapt recipes. Have recommended and lent to friends.
on 14 August 2013
What a great book. Its recipies are all in American measures so make sure you own a measuring Cups set. I'm Pesco-Veggie but we now eat fish 3 x per week, veggie 2 x per week and vegan 2 x per week. Some great recipies. Its great for new ideas and I've not had a bad recipie yet. My husband has now decided to give up red/white meat completly and loves the varriety in his diet.
on 16 March 2013
Obviously there are lots of recipes in this book but this is essentially your 'meat and two veg' option (forgive the pun!). It has lots of basic recipes, not particularly inspiring but probably a good starter book for someone who is either new to cooking or new to vegetarian/ vegan cooking. I wouldn't really say it is to my palette but it might be perfect for others.
on 11 May 2011
I wanted to change the way i eat, but not be a complete vegan. This book has been a real eye-opener to what can be made (even though i've always eaten loads of veg, they've never tasted this interesting). With work and two young children, i'm still managing to cook something from this book regularly weeknights. It's been a pleasure.
on 23 November 2010
I used to hate cooking but as soon as I opened this book I changed my mind. It has recipes for all occasions and all tastes. I can't compare it with other books as I avoid using them. If there are unfamiliar ingredients, look them up on the internet- but don't give up.
on 10 September 2010
I've been vegan for 10 years. Sometimes I just run out of my fantasy when cooking and there are not many cookbooks in my language on the market. Fortunately I speak English and there is plenty of cookbooks on the British market. I've bought this one because I liked the magic number 1000 and I think it was a good decision. With this book I will never run out of fantasy!
on 5 March 2013
This book doesn't have a single picture! I hate recipes books without pictures. The picture itself helps me understand better the recipe and the assembly of the dish altogether.
on 30 September 2013
This book is crammed full of recipes which is especially important to someone recently converted to veganism. There's something to appeal to all tastes and recipes are easy to follow.