5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful guide for Word professionals
I use Word professionally, and push it hard most of the time. I bought this book because I was tired of battling with the utterly useless search engine in the online help package that comes with Office 2007. I was looking for a book that covered everything and, to my surprise, this one does.

The book is laid out in the usual way, arranged in subject parts and...
Published on 8 Dec 2009 by Thomas Pots

2.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of description aceptable.
Condition described as acceptable. edges / bottom corner black, worn.
When I wanted to alter setting Font/ size of print I could not find any index reference to this. Used anther book to access info.
I can only hope that excel and power point are better in this respect.
Published 1 month ago by JJ'S workshop

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful guide for Word professionals, 8 Dec 2009
Thomas Pots "T Pots" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Microsoft Word 2007 Bible (Paperback)

The book is laid out in the usual way, arranged in subject parts and chapters therein. This makes it quite easy to find what you want to know. If you are a beginner or casual Word user, then this may not be the book for you, as it covers a lot of advanced Word usage. For me it is perfect, because I know the basics and am focussed on Word's limits.

The only thing it doesn't cover is VBA programming. It explains about running and managing macros, but does not cover any coding. I expected this - if it did cover VBA then the book would be twice as big!

The author, Herb Tyson, actually knows how to write a technical publication. This makes all the difference. He writes with concision and does not attempt to be witty. He gets on with it, and uses plenty of screenshots. The accompanying CD is good if you unfamiliar with Word 2007. I found it of little use, but checked it out of curiosity, to see how the video tutorials were made.

If you are a technical author looking to squeeze the most out of Word 2007, then you could do a lot worse than get this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very easy to follow., 21 Feb 2013
This review is from: Microsoft Word 2007 Bible (Paperback)
I normally find it a lot easier to be taught something rather than plough through books. However, this "Bible" is packed with easy to follow instructions. Price was good and I received the book within 3 days of ordering. A great service.

2.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of description aceptable., 23 July 2014
This review is from: Microsoft Word 2007 Bible (Paperback)
Condition described as acceptable. edges / bottom corner black, worn.
I can only hope that excel and power point are better in this respect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Word 2007 - a good a bible as any., 11 Dec 2009
This review is from: Microsoft Word 2007 Bible (Paperback)
This is an excellent book for anybody who wants to get to grips with the very new interface that WORD 2007 presents to users. It covers more than enough for the average user and you get to go through everything. I recommend it to anybody who gets the new software.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sevice, 31 Oct 2010
This review is from: Microsoft Word 2007 Bible (Paperback)
Always a pleasure to deal with AMAZON.
Never been let down yet.
Delivery within a few days.

Microsoft Word 2007 Bible
Microsoft Word 2007 Bible by Herb Tyson (Paperback - 8 Mar 2007)
19.41