Format: Paperback|Change

I think that this book expains the basic elements (no VBA etc) of Access 2007 but does not link them together to give an understanding of what Access can do. I think that this book was so bad that I have had to buy another book to get an understaning of Access.
on 10 September 2010
Access is a complex subject and this book does little to address this, particularly for the first time user. It has a disjointed approach and you soon get mired down. Pretty much like most of the dummy guides there are far better books out there.
on 14 January 2015
I expected something a bit easier but struggled with it straight away. However I am not very good with IT but as the title is for Dummies thought it would be a bit more straight forward.
VINE VOICEon 19 November 2014
Needed this because the software I have access to (no pun included) is this and it helps when you aren't looking for bells and whistles that didn't occur until the next iteration. The layout of these books is good for quick skimming, which is what I needed after several years of non-use. I don't particularly identify with the "Dummy", the publishers seem to think I am for buying their product, but I have always found their books consistent and haven't presented me with any particular problems.
on 2 May 2014
If you're already an expert in using access this will be a great book. However if you're an expert you wont need this book. I assumed, incorrectly, that this was a book for beginners, its not. This is less use than a chocolate teapot, for at least you can eat that. This is probably the worst book since my last dummies guide, I should have learned !
on 8 December 2009
I found this book usefull for general issues. However, it does not address VBA etc. Also I bought this book specifically to find out how to put Access Database on the WEB, but this book was no help, even though it said so.
on 14 June 2016
A bit complicated, but tries hard. All the information is there, just not always easy to follow.
on 19 March 2015
brilliant help, a candle in the darkness of microsoft
on 8 March 2011
This is a perfect book to get you started in Access, especially if you are used to the layout of Dummies books.

It manages not to take itself too seriously while giving you the information you need to get to an intermediate level.
on 15 March 2013
Not as comprehensive as the 2003 book I have, but I'm only using it as a reference to updates. For a newbie, I expect there would be something more substantial and detailed.