4.0 out of 5 stars Excel Formulas
Published on 1 Mar 2011 by PC

3.0 out of 5 stars Used it once
I used this once and from then on I used the excel online help. However, it is comprehensive of information and a good book. I just personally prefer the online help!
Published 15 months ago by Silviaso

4.0 out of 5 stars Excel Formulas, 1 Mar 2011
This review is from: Excel 2007 Formulas (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf) (Paperback)
The book a decent book to give you a good overveiw of Excel formulas. I think it could potentially be a little easier to follow and would benefit from more examples. I don't think it does the IF formula justice, doesn't really have much on it, which surprised me. The book is not really for beginners, but if you have a decent understanding you will learn more tricks, which will aid your spreadsheet design.

5.0 out of 5 stars A well structured book that gives solutions, 26 Oct 2007
I first bought this book when I was having difficulty with some very large excel spreadsheets and wanted to treat them as arrays. The book answered my questions. I have since bought the book whilst at several companies and regard it as essential in my work. It has chapters on various topics and I can find advanced features quickly and easily, whereas I haven't been able to do that with on-line help.
An excellent book for anyone that uses Excel heavily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excel 2007 Formulas (Mr. Spreadsheets Bookshelf), 24 Dec 2009
Anwar Basha Syed (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is excellent for those who want to master excel formulas for version 2007. I found this book very useful and the author has covered every single aspect of calculations using excel. Excellent approach.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must Have, 18 May 2009
R. Mead - See all my reviews
This was the first "user guide" that I have actually managed to read the whole way through.

Easy to get to grips with and gradually builds levels of complexity, I strongly recommend this for the mid-level user wanting to get more out of excel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you want to do with Excel 2007, 27 Aug 2012
This is my Excel Bible now. I'm now MUCH MORE confident that I will be able to find any forumulas with Excel. Thumbs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good., 1 Jun 2011
I found this book to be very useful and it pretty much did everything that I expected of it. The CD that it came was also extremely useful and accurate.

The book was well written and easy to understand. Some of the more advanced stuff was brilliantly useful and it certainly goes far beyond what you can get from the help function in excel.

It does cover some basic areas that I didn't really need as I also have the excel bible from the same author but it does mean that if you are quite comfortable in excel then you only need to buy this book.

Like a lot of books from this publisher it does have a slightly cheap feel to it and I didn't like the grey colour of the text but that is only a minor quibble.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 23 Jun 2014
Really good book and some really useful tips and great formulas that are going to save me a heap of time

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excel-lent Bible, 2 May 2014
An Analyst by profession, this manual is beyond useful. It has greatly increased my knowledge from what I already knew. Full of tricks of the trade that is so easy to understand and learn. Well for me anyhow. To be fair, the knowledge contained therein would only be advantageous for those people who have some prior knowledge/experience of Excel.

How has it benefited me? For home: I've a much better understanding of my household budget, energy usage and billing, and mortgage projections. For work: developed new analytical tooling, development of new reporting constructs all to better Operations and Strategic development.

Knowledge is empowerment!

3.0 out of 5 stars Used it once, 19 Sep 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy!!!!!!!, 1 April 2013
This book is definately worth it's weight in gold, for an intermediate user in excel I find it easy to read and it definately highlights the new functions with excel 2007, plus there are some great tips included.

A good book for oth intermediate and advanced users alike.

Excel 2007 Formulas (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf)
Excel 2007 Formulas (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf) by John Walkenbach (Paperback - 8 Feb 2007)