5.0 out of 5 stars Once again Mr spreadsheet shines through!
If you are looking to learn vba for excel then buy this book! it is in plain clear english, with useful help files and tutorials. This book also really does help with vb skills on a whole and will help all looking to master this area of computing. In short Mr speadsheet is a hero!! long may he help us all!!
Published on 19 Aug 2007 by Mark

1.0 out of 5 stars A dramatically bad book!
I bought this book in the hope that it would be of value in an Excel project I had to undertake.
Despite it's great size, this book is virtually useless as a reference book. If you just want to do the exercises the author offers then it may have some value but just try to find out one extra thing and the information is not there. Most of the illustrations are trite...
Published on 13 April 2009 by Graeme Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Once again Mr spreadsheet shines through!, 19 Aug 2007
This review is from: Excel 2007 Power Programming with VBA (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 18 May 2009
R. Mead - See all my reviews
This was slightly more difficult to stay focused on then his other book I have read. But I have constantly referred to it since finishing it.

I don't think that I have started a project that has finished without me picking this book back up and leafing through the relevant chapters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excel 2007 Power Programming with VBA, 9 April 2013
J. M. Maden "Fell walker" (Lake District) - See all my reviews
I searched high and low for a decent book on VBA and after reading many reviews decided on this one. It was a good choice. After giving a brief history of how Excel began it's journey to the present time this book leads you through every aspect of VBA. The accompanying disc has all the example files on it which is very helpful. It has to be said that knowing the Excel programme itself is a requirement for using this book. One doesn't have to be an Excel power user but knowing your way around it is most helpful in getting your moneys worth out of this book.

I am a mature student and know that I will need to know as much as possible about VBA as it appears in my studies next year. So, I have around 5 months to get to grips with this and other diciplines. A further review may be required in Sept when I have had the chance to test my new knowledge which has been gleaned from this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Established Guru, 2 Feb 2012
L "justsomeguy" (LITTLEHAMPTON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
What more can I say about John that hasn't been said already? If you like technical impractical books, this one despite it's huge length is not for you. If on the other hand you learn by way of going through stacks relavant worked examples and downloadable material then Elvis has just entered the building!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the only Excel VBA book you need to buy!, 25 July 2009
D. Wilkinson (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
I have bought a number of Excel VBA books over the last few months. The only one I carry around with me when I travel is this book. Why because it has everything I need in it. By the way, this is a big heavy book.

John has any easy but very complete style. You know the type of book where you get to the end of a complicated description or example and you find you are left hanging because the author omits to tell you the last piece of information to confirm your understanding. Well it does not happen with this book. If only every technical author could write like this.

Is it not only worth every penny I spent on it, it's worth its weight in gold. I am thinking about buying another one, just in case it goes out of print and I lose my copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the book, perfect for any programmer interested in Excel., 17 Jan 2014
I love programming, and this book started me in the interest. It starts right from the basics of Visual Basic for Applications programming, developing. It comes with a CD as well, which perfectly accompanies it. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Expected Value of content, 7 Jan 2013
Got what I expected. Excellent, to the point and well organized and well structured. Very helpful in general and for specific targeted learning.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Macro Book, 31 Mar 2013
Very lengthy book providing various examples. Altogether, a good macro bible but sometimes need to refer to other books still so not complete.

5.0 out of 5 stars Useage, 15 Jan 2012
Mr. G. Martin (UK) - See all my reviews
Have used this book for a few weeks. It really makes using the features of the programmes very easy. Love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 29 Dec 2011
I bought this book after trying VBA for Dummies. I found VBA for Dummies not detailed enough and more an introduction to VBA. This book was perfect for me for going further into programming with VBA. I highly recommend it.

Excel 2007 Power Programming with VBA (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf)
Excel 2007 Power Programming with VBA (Mr. Spreadsheet's Bookshelf) by John Walkenbach (Paperback - 17 April 2007)