4.0 out of 5 stars The best one for me, 20 Oct. 2009
fernman (Greater London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Excel 2007 Just the Steps For Dummies (Paperback)
There seem to be almost as many books about Excel as there are days in the year, so it took me a long time to decide which one to buy. I was able to look inside many of them on Amazon, and, even better, I belong to a library which has a good selection.

None of the books were perfect in my eyes. Some were too brief, leaving things that I wanted to know unanswered, while some were more technical than I wanted. Others, I found, were so filled with brightly coloured Hints and Tips on every page that I found it hard to concentrate on the main text without distraction; one such book had a series of little dashes and the chapter number up the side of every page, while the page number that you were looking for was half hidden in a coloured bar across the foot of the page.

My ultimate choice was Just The Steps because it was the only title that answered all of my queries in only 234 pages. Everything is explained in a clear and easy to follow manner, and the index is fairly comprehensive. Regard it as being like any For Dummies book but without the light hearted and entertaining read.

Having said that, the book does seem to skip through the basics of creating a worksheet, and I am particularly concerned to find no mention of inserting rows or columns, which I have seen covered in other books. Maybe the information is there and I haven't spotted it yet, but I now worry if there is anything else that has not been included.

Finally, one thing that does let the book down is the illustrations of screen shots, which are on nearly every page. Without exception these gray pictures are too small to be of much use. If you can live with that, as I can, then this is a book well worth considering.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excel 2007, 22 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Excel 2007 Just the Steps For Dummies (Paperback)
Easy learning and reading but some text a bit small for my eyesight so bought a magnifier, cost me more than the book?

Excel 2007 Just the Steps For Dummies
Excel 2007 Just the Steps For Dummies by Diane Koers (Paperback - 2 Feb. 2007)