4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect combination for all beginners
Published on 27 Sep 2009 by Charles D. Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Excel 2007 For Dummies
This book in my opinion is essentially for beginners only and you will, like me, be dissapointed if you are expecting some kind of reference manual to progress further with formulas and associated spreadsheet techniques. It is although very well laid out and informative for those who have never used
excel before.
Published on 5 Aug 2011 by G. Penn

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect combination for all beginners, 27 Sep 2009
Charles D. Roberts "The Jambo" (Oxfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Excel 2007 For Dummies (Paperback)
I never wanted to develop complicated spreadsheets, I just wanted to be able to create my own household budget sheets so trusting the Dummies series I got this book. I wasn`t starting from scratch, as I`d followed the Everyday Home COmputing DVD, which is highly recommended to anyone wwanting to get started with all aspects of computing. The book helped me to develop more advanced things in Excel, but didn`t really teach me too much more than my beloved dvd. This is great if you like the idea of learning from books only, but I`d recommend buying this plus the dvd and use them together. Just remember though, to take your time!! And call on anyone willing to offer assistance. Good luck.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's for dummies, but not for complete dummies, 2 May 2011
This review is from: Excel 2007 For Dummies (Paperback)
It must be pretty hard to know exactly what level to pitch a 'dummies' book at. Do you cater for people who've never used a computer before, or just ones who don't have any knowledge of a particular software program? Although this book states it's for everyone, I think there's an implicit assumption that you're at least reasonably familiar with what a spreadsheet is for, and what one looks like.
Personally, I'd used older versions of Excel in the past, so I bought this book to get up to speed on the new user interface and the new features in 2007. I found the book did this job very well indeed (particularly chapters 8 - 12). If you're in a similar situation, I think you'll find it's money well spent.
I did have one criticism, and that's the too-jokey style. Calling a chapter "Making it all look pretty" is OK as it's a fair description of the chapter's contents, but headings like "Paste it again, Sam" and "Letting your formulas all hang out" really grated. Let's face it, with a book like this, you probably only read it from beginning to end once; after that, it's a reference to dip into, and for those occasions, you want snappy and unambiguous headings and indexing.

5.0 out of 5 stars makes things simple, 8 Jun 2010
This review is from: Excel 2007 For Dummies (Paperback)
great way to teach yourself how to use the software or just to have handy if you want to look up how to do something new. Written in simple terms with helpful images

5.0 out of 5 stars Xcel 2007 for Dummies, 21 Sep 2009
This review is from: Excel 2007 For Dummies (Paperback)
Really helpful book if, like me, you only know how to do very basic stuff and find anything else takes ages because you dont realise how to use processes/shortcuts etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars useful, 14 Aug 2009
A. Mepham (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Excel 2007 For Dummies (Paperback)
hve had to use this book a couple of times, as I am not very good with computors, it has helped. you need to read it carefully, and spend some time re reading, but its useful. it does have a quick fix section with is very useful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excel 2007 For Dummies, 5 Aug 2011
G. Penn "G3" (Cyprus) - See all my reviews
excel before.

4.0 out of 5 stars good purchase, 29 May 2014
I am very pleased with item and fast delivery, will buy more products in future from this site, thank you very much

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 26 Mar 2014
This review is from: Excel 2007 For Dummies (Paperback)
i needed to learn how to use a spreadsheet and figured this would do the job,and it has.abbsolutely brilliant,ta very much

3.0 out of 5 stars user guide, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Excel 2007 For Dummies (Paperback)
Purchased as reference book for as yet undeveloped computer skills but still within reach of the desk top shelves just in case the urge to make a what if analysis reoccurs.

5.0 out of 5 stars book, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: Excel 2007 For Dummies (Paperback)
Don't even remember buying this book so cannot possibly review it or share an opinion on it that would be of any use

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Excel 2007 For Dummies
Excel 2007 For Dummies by Greg Harvey (Paperback - 22 Dec 2006)
10.49