5.0 out of 5 stars Essential for Sheffield University Student studying MGT304 Auditing, 17 Jun 2012
This review is from: Principles of External Auditing (Paperback)
I bought this book as a requirement for MGT304 Auditing module at Sheffield University (UK) and recommend it highly.This book is a fantastic book which explains further the ideas that Dr Komori discusses in her lectures at Sheffield University (UK).

It is a lengthy book, and maybe sometimes a bit repetitive, however the ideas help shape your understanding for the course. I definitely recommend it for any student, and if you are interested in the auditing sector generally, this is a great book to give you an idea of how auditing has developed from the 19th Century and current issues surrounding the auditing "culture".

If you don't have time to read an entire chapter, which in some cases was true for me, I suggest reading the headings for each section, the introduction and the summary for each chapter, and maybe flick through to see if any sections within the chapter grab your attention.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Helpful, 30 April 2014
This review is from: Principles of External Auditing (Paperback)
I found this book really useful for my university audit module. The layout is clear and it is easy to read and it contains all the relevant information I needed. I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Boring but Factual, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Principles of External Auditing (Paperback)
Bought this book for my degree and this is the worst text book I have had yet to read. Very easy to lose focus, however high detail and lots of additional case studies so proved very helpful for my degree.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive!, 25 Oct 2013
Dwayne @ Girls Without a Bookshelf (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Principles of External Auditing (Paperback)
Used this for an auditing module, and found it to be extremely helpful! It is a very comprehensive book, so (students!) I would not recommend trying to use this book as a part of memorisation for an exam (which I sadly did, in y procrastination) because it tends to overwhelm with the amount of information it contains. Definitely theoretical, so would help in the classroom, not so sure in practice. Note that I am not an accounting student, so perhaps those of you studying finance would find it more than helpful. Still, this book taught me a lot, explores a lot of ideas/views/laws/regulations/practices. It does lacks examples, and those that are given, non-finance students might not necessarily not be all that familiar with it. Still, not a bad book!

Principles of External Auditing
Principles of External Auditing by Jon Simon (Paperback - 15 Aug 2008)
45.99