5.0 out of 5 stars So much more than just hypnotic writing
Published on 8 Sep 2010 by M. Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a disappointment...
Not exactly what I was expecting, although it is not that bad overall.

The title overpromises and the text underdelivers: ironically this is exactly what the books urges you to avoid.
Published on 13 Jun 2008 by J. Alan

5.0 out of 5 stars So much more than just hypnotic writing, 8 Sep 2010
M. Morris - See all my reviews
This review is from: Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words (Paperback)
After reading book after book to try and get a better understanding of how to communicate fluidly with other people, especially in areas of conflict or of getting group cooperation, this book quickly became one of the foundations for that. In order to get through to people on a cooperative level you need to get through to their subconscious and this book will begin to show you how exactly to start accomplishing this. Once you've read this book about 3 times it will become obvious to you how to begin to interact with people on a persuasive level. Whether it's for business, casual social reasons or for actual writing as this book advertises, if you are patient enough and look deep enough you'll find the wheels start to turn towards becoming a far better communicator. Three other books I would highly recommend would be How To Write A Good Advertisement by Schwab, Unlimited Selling Power by Moine/Lloyd and Hypnotic Language by Burton. These 4 books together should give you quite a solid foundation for breaking through to the next level of communication, to the subconscious.

4.0 out of 5 stars What you can learn from this book, 1 July 2009
L. Power "nlp trainer" (San Francisco) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
If you are like me, you want whatever you write to be interesting. You want to capture people's attention, and have them desire what you are selling, or just to be interested in whatever story you are telling.

If you read this book you will learn how to make average writing fascinating, and eye opening examples, including a summary of the hypnotic phrases used throughout the book. I found chapters 45 and 46 particularly interesting.

In order to really learn when your brain is being engaged by good copy or good writing, you have to pay close attention to what you are reading, and notice when your state is changing. This takes some practice. How much is one good idea worth?

As a trainer of NLP, what I find lacking in this book is that he does not show how to use embedded commands when writing, which really would give the book many times its cover price. He uses many techniques he does not explain. Nor does he extensively list the vocabulary used by advertisers. Nevertheless, I did learn many things.

I will be referring to this book time and again. The more often I read this book the more useful it seems, and I seem to pick up something new each time. It doesn't matter to me if you get this book or not, or if you like Joe Vitale or not.

A friend of mine is working on her own website, so I gave her a copy of this book, which she now tells me she has gone through several times. Having never written copy before, she finds it very valuable.

I do not like some of the tactics he uses in his book, linking it to other products and services, yet I do not allow my like or dislike for someone to stand in the way of whether I can get benefit from a book.

I hope you find this review helpful.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit of a disappointment..., 13 Jun 2008
J. Alan "JohnA" (Greater London) - See all my reviews
Not exactly what I was expecting, although it is not that bad overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 5 Mar 2014
Great read. This is my first book about this topic. Vitale reveals his formula for hypnotic copywriting and recommends many books for a further study.

5.0 out of 5 stars You.ve done it again, Joe!, 24 Aug 2013
Who would have believed that this man spent time living on the streets?? There is no longer any excuse not to make it in life when you read what, and the extent of which, this man has achieved and how it was all achieved.

3.0 out of 5 stars I kept waking from the trance!, 28 Nov 2011
Gem L Thompson (Woodbridge, Suffolk, UK) - See all my reviews
A good book, I found some of the copy suggested a little too cheesy to be honest but some of the techniques were very good.
Since starting to read this in June (I still haven't finished which isn't a good sign!) I started to spend 30 minutes a day writing first thing in the morning - that has been brilliant for me! In fact I wrote a blog about it, [...]

2.0 out of 5 stars The Best Hypnotic Advice I Can Give You...., 20 Nov 2007
I was very much looking forward to reading this book, as I have heard a lot of positive things about the author. Yet, the best Hypnotic advice I can give you is to save your money!!

There is absolutely nothing you can learn from this book that you cannot learn from NLP and books such as Persuasion and Unlimited Selling Skills.

Save your money or better still donate it to a good cause, it will make you feel much better.

1.0 out of 5 stars Tuly Disapointing, 14 Nov 2007
I was truly, truly disapointed with this book. Disapointed because you can pick up the same hints and tips on what good writing is from the hundreds of other books that are on sale here on www.amazon.co.uk and the 'Hypnotic' context is just a miserable gimmick.

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful after the first quarter, 27 Jan 2012
Joachim O. (London, England) - See all my reviews
I would like to say that I think this is a good and useful book but it is not what I was looking for.
The first quarter of the book is very weak though. The author basically keeps repeating nonstop how good he is, he is the master of hypnotical writing and has a lot of experience. I started to think this book was a waste of time and money. (For this alone, two stars less) It gets better with the beginning of chapter 14 where it starts to give you actual tips and advice how to improve your writing. That said, I always had the feeling that this was a guide how to set up a scam. I know a lot of web pages which make use of this stuff and all of them come across as a scam instantly, which no sane human being would take seriously. It probably works, otherwise they would not exist.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, Amazing, 21 April 2010
Paul Castle (UK) - See all my reviews
As you read this wonderful book the magic holds and captivates. Imagine your own personal coach guiding, assisting and helping. You get this and more.

Hypnotic Writing: How to Seduce and Persuade Customers with Only Your Words