on 17 January 2013
Having read several rather difficult to understand books on psychoanalysis I found this one really amazing by the way it explains very complex concepts in an assessable way. One of the musts of this book is the comparison between theories at the theoretical and clinical levels. Since the concepts in psychoanalysis are not always easy to grasp the comparison makes them much more understandable. If you are a naïve reader that would like to get an idea of psychoanalytic thinking, this is a good starting point.
on 13 December 2013
For anyone wanting to know about Freud, Object Relations and beyond, this is just the ticket. Accessible and very readable.
on 5 November 2012
Great litle book, really helped me get a handle on Freud and gave me a good contextual description of his key contributions, with pictures I was able to read through it quickly and used the images as prompts to help me recall facts and I continue to use the book as a point of reference. A really good easy to follow intro to an amazing man. Would highly recommend to those new to Freud or anyone wanting to remind themselves of Freud's contributions to understanding the mind in the contxt of the man he was.
on 19 November 2014
Received it quite quickly! Good product