on 26 February 2013
I had this book as a present in 1983, loved it from that day. Casson and London at it's finest. Thinking it would be a wonderful present for a London loving friend this year I thought I would pass on mine to her. Then, no, I cannot part with it so decided to purchase a copy from Amazon if still available.

It is, but the price has increased ten fold, no way will I part with it now. Sorry friend but you will have a copy after all, but in paper back. If you love London make sure you have a copy of this wonderful book.
on 15 October 2015
Wonderful collection of Hugh Casson's impressions of London. I love his combination of watercolour and inkdrawing. Some people say they'd like the colours to be a but stronger, and perhaps this has to do with the book - and his original watercolours to have faded a bit over time. But his style is one of my favourites. Very inspiring.