5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful reading

2.0 out of 5 stars American research - not my cup of tea
Published on 9 Nov 2009 by Chilli Pepper

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful reading, 19 Jan 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: How Babies Talk: The Magic and Mystery of Language in the First Three Years of Life (Paperback)
I found this such an easy read. Really interesting and inspiring. If you're interested in child development from a professional or, like me, as a parent you just can't go wrong. Lots of exercises to try. There is lots of information here presented in a straight forward flow that has lots of scientific reference without feeling like a text book. So well written I didn't feel like I was learning but I was always able to share bits of it with interested friends the next day so it did stick. Simply a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic book. Clever, funny, every parents dream., 9 April 1999
By A Customer
I couln't put it down. This is the first book that allowed me to appreciate my child in a new way. In clear direct language, these authors bring the latest research into our living room. Babies are so much smarter than we ever imagined. Dotted with activitiesthat you can do with your child, this book is a must have for every parent and professional who works with children.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 9 April 1999
By A Customer
An easy to read book filled with the latest research. I was amazed at what the authors can find out about infant language learning. This book should be in every parent's library.

2.0 out of 5 stars American research - not my cup of tea, 9 Nov 2009
I bought this to help me understand language delay. It was totally the wrong book to buy in these circumstances as the examples all seem to dwell on infants who are not only meeting their language milestones but are often meeting them early. The examples were also based on American Research and it didn't hit the spot for me. If your child is on track, then I am sure the book would offer some good insight into the next stages of development. If not, I would avoid at all costs.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little too dry..., 6 Feb 2008
I found this book very informative but it's not the sort of literature I would read long passages out of. It tends to get a bit boring.

9.65