5.0 out of 5 stars The most effective eating program I've come across, ever.
Published on 5 Jun 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not read it yet,,,,,,,,,
Havent got round to reading this yet and I suspect ir will be a while before I get to do so,
Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars The most effective eating program I've come across, ever., 5 Jun 1999
This review is from: Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume) (Paperback)
I bought the book and started the eating program on 1 April 1999. I found the recipes, shopping guide and principles set forth in the book to be just what I needed to change my terrible eating habits. I stuck strictly to the program for 60 days and went from 183 pounds to 165 and never felt like I was actually on a diet. In fact, I'm still following the program, using recipes from the two Support volumes written by Mrs. McDougall. I never would have been able to adhere to this program if it weren't for the nutritious and filling meals layed out in the book. My wife also follows the program and we both feel better than we have in years. I am anxious to order and try the two latest recipe books I hear are on the shelves now. Frankly, I was intimidated by the idea of giving up meat, coffee and processed foods; but I am now a true believer in this program and cannot see myself returning to the unhealthy eating style I practiced before I came upon the McDougall program. This book lays it all out for you and explains how to simplify your shopping and meal planning. My two-month old copy is becoming dogeared from daily use. It was the best investment I have made in a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will make you feel good and look good as well., 8 Nov 1998
This review is from: Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume) (Paperback)
I enjoyed and am still enjoying this book. It has very detailed contents in it. You are given examples of other people who followed the diet with their results. I have enjoyed the way that I feel better and look better. I wish I had gotten this book before I had my gallbladder removed. I don't think that it would have been necessary to have it removed had I followed a diet plan like this. I was not feeling well even after the surgery because my body did not like the food that I was taking in. This book has been a blessing to me and I would recommend it to anyone who is serious about their health.

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy and simple diet., 2 July 2011
This review is from: Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume) (Paperback)
All one ever needs to know about what to eat for good health and loads of energy.
It cuts through all the BS about foods and health.
The ingredients are simple and natural - and cheap. Following the plan garanties a steady weightloss (if overweight) and better health. You will actually begin to "glow" - looking younger, more toned.
I will never go back to a "normal" diet - McDougall won me over.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Family Owes Our Health to Dr. McDougall!!, 5 Jun 1999
This review is from: Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume) (Paperback)
Dr. McDougall and this book has changed our lives forever. His plan for a low-fat vegan lifestyle is explained thoroughly with Dr. McDougall's casual, easily understandable style and leaves the reader with little question about the benefits of the McDougall Program. Detailed explanation, case studies, menu plans and descriptions of common ailments combine to give the reader an in depth understanding of how diet effects our health, and how eating a low-fat, vegan diet can put an end to many ailments. We have lost weight, gained control over digestive problems and allergies by following the McDougall Program. If you want endless energy, good health, and to eat as much as you like and still lose weight (seriously!!) - join the thousands of people who have discovered that Dr. McDougall has found a way to break free from destructive eating habits and the illness that results.

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing book., 11 Feb 2004
Shell (Flintshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume) (Paperback)
This book will change your life. If you've tried every diet and failed, then stop dieting and eat low-fat, plant-based wholefoods, never feel hungry and lose weight sensibly. Good advice, good recipes, vegan apart from the use of some honey. It has worked for me and made me happy and full again. A Must by. Get it! You won't regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars What every human being should know., 24 Aug 1998
This review is from: Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume) (Paperback)
Invaluable health information. Dr. McDougall explains, in common sense logic, what best to put in your body to support optimal human health. I experienced a dramatic rise in my energy level and spirits. I look better and no longer suffer depression. It probably isn't the easiest "diet" to follow, but he includes lots of recipies, meal plans and helpful solutions to sticking to it. If you are tired of feeling crappy, GET THIS BOOK!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, easy to read guideline for improving your health, 27 May 1999
This review is from: Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume) (Paperback)
This is an excellent book, well-written, concise and with humor for anyone who wants to improve their health through diet. It provides a brief history of the "hows and whys" of Dr. McDougall's journey towards a vegan diet. The history is followed by a "how to get started plan", a 12 day suggested meal plan, easy to make and tasty recipes and lists of products by name brands that fit the diet. Finally, Dr. McDougall has included a general index as well as a recipe index which makes it easy to look up specific problems or recipes for favorite foods. This book is written in plain and simple English, but is thoroughly documented with pages and pages of scientific references. All in all, I would highly recommend this book, with the caveat that once you get on this diet, you will feel so great, you will not be able to (nor want to) go back to your old eating habits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely helpful diet program helped relieve my arthritis., 10 Dec 1998
This review is from: Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume) (Paperback)
I've been following Dr. McDougall's diet since February 1998 and have lost 20 pounds and gained enormous energy, along with freedom from joint pain and digestive disorder. It works! The diet is simple, albeit boring at times, very convenient, especially for single people, and completely satisfying. I recommend all of Dr. McDougall's books.

4.0 out of 5 stars very informative., 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume) (Paperback)
really good as usual but find his meals plans a little out of touch. Breakfast for 1 fine, lunch for 2 O.K. then dinner for 6 lr 8 ! Where do all these extra people come from?

4.0 out of 5 stars Good source of advice, 7 Dec 2012
J. thomas (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume) (Paperback)
Based on the Swank diet, this book imparts good health advice, but the mass or recipes do not grab me. If you want to act on their advice to go veggie, just find ways to eliminate fats, sugar and processed foods from your diet. e.g. Breakfast -- I have ac oouple of slices of homemade bread with squashed banana and a bit of honey. I am happy to eat simply and don't yearn for variety. Luchtime, find a recipe for a veggie spread on Google and have a sandwich with it.

Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume)
Mcdougall John : Mcdougall Program (Plume) by John A McDougall (Paperback - 19 Nov 2001)
11.66