5.0 out of 5 stars Epic
When I started this book, I intended to spread my reading over at least three days to savour it for longer, but by the second day it rapidly became un-put-downable!

Since finishing, I've read a bunch of other reviews where people are saying either 1) the actions scenes were too confusing or 2) they didn't like something or other about Pritkin/Mircea in this...
Published 13 months ago by Lannister

2.0 out of 5 stars More Chaise Scenes....yawn!
Chaotic is how I would describe this book. When is Cassie Palmer going to actually stop winging it and start actually achieve anything? These books seemed so promising to start with, but I am actually getting very fed up with the constant chaise scenes and the cliff hangers. The only thing that seems clear about these books is that this poor girl has no clue as to what...
Published 2 months ago by S. Wilson

5.0 out of 5 stars Where's Mircea?, 24 Dec 2013
Amazon Customer (Newcastle upon Tyne United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I loved the book, the pace was good and the characters as usual well formed, but Mircea was conspicuously absent and he is one if my favourite characters. Cassies meeting with her parents isn't what I would have expected.

Pritkin is a bit more of a pain in the derriere than usual. I found it a bit of a jump when Cassie went to hell and Casanova developed split personality. Yet I did love it just like all the other Cassandra Palmer novels. The cliff hanger ending is just as annoying as usual on a personal note. My advice, since its Christmas, is hot chocolate, snuggle under the Afghan, big box chocolates or crisps. Unplug the phone and enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cant wait for the next one!, 7 Dec 2013
Yet another amazing addition to a brilliant series I am totally hooked fantastic characters (especially a certain war Mage!!) exciting unpredictable plot can't wait for the next installment!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exhausting., 17 Nov 2013
There's so much action in these books I get confused, but I love the characters. It is getting slightly annoying that Cassie still feels like she knows nothing after all she's been through. Also she keeps whinging that nobody tells her anything except every time they do she's not listening. That's my one tiny gripe. I love these books, they make me laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVEIT, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Tempt the Stars (Cassie Palmer Novels) (Mass Market Paperback)
I have to say i love this book.
I love all the series of this book and if you haven't read any of them then you should
they are a treat.
this review is simply to say - yes if you are thinking of reading them please do.
This last installment leaves you wanting more as there is no resolution from the last book - seems like a gap filler but it is advertised as part one.
So can't wait for the next one. wish they came out every few months.
Karen Chance - work harder!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., 20 Oct 2013
I'm a massive Karen Chance fan. And this book was my favourite so far.

The continued character growth, dynamics and story arc are just fabulous. I spent three days after finishing this book in another world - work productivity was at an all time low as a mooned about and tried to adjust to not being in Cassie's world. Cassie's growth as a character is so subtle and brilliant that you can't help bursting with pride.

I agree that some times you really have to pace yourself when reading Karen Chance's action scenes, but you should already have read the rest of the series before getting to Tempt the Stars. So you'll already know whether reading Karen Chance's novels are for you.

I'm now more of a Pritkin fan, and it's the source of endless debate as to where the story is going and whom the love interest will be. (I'm voting for both or Pritkin!) But the storyline is so interesting, unexpected and the characters so real that the rollarcoaster is one I'm happy to stay on.

I just hope I manage to stay sane with not knowing until Reap the Wind. I didn't find the cliff hanger ending annoying, I was grinning from ear to ear when I got to the end. And all I could think was 'here we go again!' The end of the book felt like a natural conclusion for this chapter of Cassie's adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars One for Team Pritkin, 18 Oct 2013
Curiosity Killed The Bookworm (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
It's so long been Cassie Palmer novels that I must admit I'd forgotten about what happened to Pritkin at the end of Hunt the Moon. Please forgive me! I would suggest refreshing your memory by reading the last two chapters first if you're a little hazy (or the whole book if you have time). Fans of Pritkin will be happy with this instalment as Mircea takes a backseat; indeed he is eerily absent from Vegas. Is it because he can sense Cassie's loss of Pritkin or is it something else?

This world is like a warm, cosy blanket for me and I just fall into it every time. I love the characters and the mythology. Of course, I'm a huge Pritkin fan so this book was full of touching moments and nooooos and bad timing. If you prefer Mircea, you might hate it! They travel to a demon dimension which is so well imagined and so different to where you'd expect them to go. There's loads more background given around Cassie's parents and her ancestry. The kind which ties her to the gods of old. One of the best things about adding time travel in the mix, is it's easier to fill in the history without info dumping.

All the time, they are still on the brink of war, and there are witches hanging round back at her suite. I have always enjoyed Cassie's interactions with Mircea's men; the vampire bodyguards have become her family of sorts. Cassanova also gets involved and there's a hilarious and gripping flying carpet ride to look forward to. And. Oh. My. God. The ending! I really hope Karen doesn't wait another two years to find out what happens next, it has set itself up for another fantastic book.

Review copy provided by publisher.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bring on Cassie 7, 15 Oct 2013
Natalie Venning "natari-himi" (cornwall) - See all my reviews
Basically, this book just further cements how fantastic Karen Chance is and is a must for any Cassie fan... But:

Before I read Tempt the Starts, I accidentally caught wind of a review that said it wasn't all that. Well actually the review said it was full of plot holes, which plagued my mind all the way through the book. And though, personally, I feel this person was wrong, and that the plot line had the correct amount of information at any given time, it was still lacking when you compare it to the brilliance of the other books that came before. However, I don't think that is Ms Chance's fault as such.

The whole book felt more of a tremendous set up for a new direction in the series. A lot of ideas were started, but never realised. Was anybody else waiting for Cassie to put Billy Joel into an aluu? Or some similar machine akin to daddy-dearest's bucket-heads? That review I said about? I stopped reading when I reached the bitching about witches surprised at Cassie's lack of shields. But I can see why they were bitching. I'm a great believer that you can only only moan about something if you proactively set about changing it to something you will not moan about. The witches just moaned, they have yet to offer to train her. Which, I'm assuming, will be happening in the next book. I hope. But then would Cassie learning (finally) how to do magic on her own defeat her character's endearing inability to be alone?

View my full review at natari-himi.com/2013/10/13/take-a-chance-tempted-by-stars/

5.0 out of 5 stars I would give this 10 stars if I could!, 13 Oct 2013
Loved this!! My only complaint is that it wasn't long enough. Can't wait for the next instalment, please write faster Karen Chance :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Majestic, 12 Oct 2013
As a fan of the Cassie Palmer series this book did not disappoint, just keeps getting better and better with age.

5.0 out of 5 stars A slow start but warms up nicely, 12 Oct 2013
Tempt the stars

Despite being a series fan I have to say I found the first couple of chapters tedious: there was a focus on recapping rather than plot development. But then I was drawn into the search for plot hints and clues, and Karen Chance swapped into her trademark fast paced action scenes, humour and and intricate world building. I'm going to avoid any spoilers but fans of Paranormal Romance might need tp remind themselves that Chance is predominantly a writer of Urban Fantasy to avoid disappointment.

I have to say I was surprised at how much I missed the vampire court and did feel that a couple of scenes were engineered to prevent an outraged fan base. Marco continues to be a favourite and Casanova gets drawn into Cassie's antics, but I would have liked a new vampire in Cassie's entourage to liven things up a little. I suppose my main problem with the novel was that the action overshadowed the warmth at times. There were moments when KC could have allowed Cassie to build on her relationships a little more, for example with Caleb and Jules. I suppose I was looking for a new dynamic from within Cassie's world to replace some of the absent or displaced characters.
Having said that Rosier continues to be intriguing, KC does pull off a couple of long awaited meetings and she reveals more about the power struggle across the worlds.
I could understand comments from readers that certain story lines were put on hold and that the story arc didn't move forward enough, but I have to say I didn't find that an issue.
So in conclusion an engaging read for fans, with lots to ponder over and speculate on, though a little too action driven on occasion.

Tempt the Stars (Cassie Palmer Novels)
Tempt the Stars (Cassie Palmer Novels) by Karen Chance (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Oct 2013)