5.0 out of 5 stars Very lively!, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Dead Between the Lines (Devereaux's Dime Store Mysteries) (Mass Market Paperback)
I have all of Denise Swanson's books - I make sure to pre-order each one when I know about publication. Each book gets better. Denise's principal characters are so real and her writing is lively. This third book in the Devereaux Dime Store mysteries is a great read The plot cracks along, giving us interesting and believable characters. I've never visited a small town in the United States but feel I could walk in and settle down both here in Missouri and in the Scumble River series. There are the, very necessary, handsome love rivals for Dev, the personalities and social quirks of the inhabitants of Shadow Bend and plenty of good humour. I laughed out loud at the description of a book club poetry reading - so recognisable, no matter where you live. The murder victim does, of course, deserve to die but the variety of reasons for this death are very cleverly woven through the book. I won't give any of the plot away but really look forward to the future experiences of Dev, her family and friends - there are a few loose ends left to encourage us all to re-visit Shadow Bend many times in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great Series By Denise, 5 April 2014
Denise Swanson is one of my all time favourite authors and I become very excited when I know she has a new book coming out. When this arrived in the post recently I could not wait to read it!

This book is book three in the Deveraeux Dime Mystery series.

When I started this series I did not think I could love a series as much as Denise's other series set in Scumble River, but I have fallen in love with this Deveraux Dime series and its characters , esp Deveraux who is a cool curvy chick.
In this book, book 3 in the series we meet some great characters and some down right horrible ones, plus Deveraux is practically fighting off the men as she has more then one man interested in her, add in a dead body and you have a fun filled read that is worth setting some time aside for . Fantastic book, loved it! Go get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best one yet ..., 12 Mar. 2014
The series is the third book which gets better and better with each book. Can't wait to find out what happens to dev next. If you loved a scumble river mystery , you will love this series

Dead Between the Lines (Devereaux's Dime Store Mysteries)
Dead Between the Lines (Devereaux's Dime Store Mysteries) by Denise Swanson (Mass Market Paperback - 4 Mar. 2014)