5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 9 Dec 2013
Turn and Burn is part of Lorelei James Blacktop Cowboy series and fans of western romance will just love this. If you are looking for an erotic and realistic tale then this is for you. Full of angst and fire this author never disappoints.
This book introduces Tanna a heroine who has always lived her life to the max but now she's injured and hurting. Her life has completely changed and all she has left is herself. No longer feeling able to ride the horses she has always loved she takes a job working at a friends ranch and has a one night stand that will change her life. Determined to just stay fancy free Tanna may have enjoyed her time with the gorgeous cowboy Fletch but he just might have other ideas!
Fletch is a man used to getting his own way. A local vetanerian he works twenty four seven and loves his life. Having his own practice has meant little time for romance but meeting Tanna makes him stop and think. This is one woman that he wants to spend a lot more time with. He a demanding man both in and out of the bedroom and what he wants more than anything is to break down the walls that Tanna has built around herself.
Fabulous read. Impossible not to really like the two lead characters as Tanna is just so wild and yet fragile at the same time. A woman who has never been afraid to take a stand and yet now she's seriously in need of some good loving. Fletch is the man to deliver and then some! It's obvious that life is just passing him by and meeting Tanna is what he really needs.
I must be honest and say this is my first of Ms James Blacktop Cowboy series although I am a huge fan of her Rough Riders books. I found this to be a lot more emotional and plot driven then other books I have read by her. I wouldn't class this as erotica but to my mind I'd describe this is a very sensuous romance . Yes it is a hot read at times but the story is definitely focused on the characters and their development . A really heart warming tale and told in the authors usual fabulous style. Great story, lots of good loving and emotion to tug on your heart strings ! Get this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new series, 6 Feb 2014
Amazon Customer (Newark Notts England) - See all my reviews
Fantastic Great series love Lorelei James books great stories cant wait for the next book in the series Very good

5.0 out of 5 stars sexy scorching read, 7 Dec 2013
Turn and Burn (Blacktop Cowboys). Lorelei James.
Review from jeannie zelos book reviews.
I love romance with a sensual spicy edge and Lorelei does that so well. Of course as a horse lover/rider I enjoy ones set in an equine scene too so this book is a double whammy for me.
Tanna is a great lead, having been injured while riding also I understand her fear of getting back on - or even getting close to a horse. I was never in her league being a happy hacker rather than competition orientated, but the clammy, choking, paralysing fear is the same whatever and Lorelei writes that so well - I felt the fear with Tanna. I like books that tell the story through dialogue, have characters that feel real and allow me to feel "in" the scene, and here I could envisage so clearly what was happening. Hot ans sexy Vet Fletch was a fabulous character too - that man certainly has a way with words - and actions!
I really enjoyed this story, loved meeting all the characters and they were a great mix esp the "older" ladies. That scene where Fletch has to PTS the elderly dog of one of them had me really choked. For many of us pets are family and we grieve for them just the same. I loved the people, enjoyed the world setting created - as a UK resident the rodeo/barrel racing world is one I can only imagine but Lorelei brings it alive. The book was a great read, kept me glued until the end, and the sex scenes were scorching and sensual. I've only one tiny criticism - and being a real drama lover in my romance it is a personal one that most readers won't worry about - and that's the highs were terrific, and the lows where Tanna is struggling with her career and current phobia were perfect, but when it came to a relationship low between her and Fletch I didn't really feel it - I like to have a sad part where I can wallow, and although I felt there were things they needed to overcome they weren't really deep enough to make me feel moved to tears. Sucker that I am I enjoy the downs as they make the highs so much sweeter.
Anyway - a great read, at 5.17 for 342 pages.
Stars: four and a half, just that bit more :( and I'd have gone five.
ARC supplied by Netgalley

Turn and Burn (Blacktop Cowboys Novels)
Turn and Burn (Blacktop Cowboys Novels) by Lorelei James (Paperback - 6 Aug 2013)
7.39