Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 7 January 2012
After reading falling star which I thoroughly enjoyed I thought I'd download another one of Diana Dempsey's book and I wasn't disappointed with too close to the sun. It was beautiful from start to finish. Set in Napa Valley based around wine making, a book about family, morals, a romance, it was just pure escapism and I was gutted to have got the end. Really really enjoyed, it was even better than falling star and I look forward to reading more of her books.
on 9 October 2011
A very interesting, well researched and well written book. The story is plausible, the plot well thought-out and the book has a strong internal balance. I love the insight into the personality of each character. Diana captures the reactions of the 'rich spoilt young man' the 'refined lady' the 'unappreciated hard working girl', the 'workoholic dad' and many more. I found the way these people relate absolutely fascinating and learned much about myself reading the book ... as well as learned much about wine making. A compelling read, like all the other books by the same author.
on 17 January 2012
I downloaded this after enjoying fallen star, and another good read. Diana has the ability to write books that are an easy read with unexpected plot twists. Chick lit at it's best. Well researched. I was disappointed to finish the book. Always a good sign!
on 9 March 2012
First book by Diana Dempsey and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I would recommend and would purchase another book by Diana.
on 11 March 2012
I read this book after reading Falling star. As for the previous, the story is well written and enjoyable. It's a very good read if you need to change your mood and once you start it's difficult to put your kindle down!
on 13 March 2012
After reading falling star I decided to buy Too close to the Sun and so glad I did. Could not put it down and when I finished it I bought all her books. Amazing author that keeps you hooked! Highly recommended!!
on 6 November 2012
Having read Falling Star I just had to read more of Diana's books. Too Close to the Sun is a lovely mix of emotions and well drawn characters. I found the wine making element interesting, as a wine drinker I really appreciated the insight into wine production and the problems that can occur in such a beautiful setting as a vin yard in the Nappa Valley. I look forward to reading more of Diana's books.
on 10 August 2013
. Loved it, as I did all of Diana's books that I have read! I am just starting to read Beauty Queen Mystery No. 1. Mary
on 5 May 2016
Have read Falling Star, To Catch The Moon, and Too Close to the Sun. About to start Chasing Venus. Would highly recommend all of these books. I am now an avid reader of Diana Dempsey's books. I enjoyed all the storylines and characters. Very well written.
on 8 September 2015
Really enjoyed this book. Very well written with spot-on characters. Would definitely recommend this author. Looking forward to her next release.