4.0 out of 5 stars More than just a romance
A fabulous free download that I would've gladly paid for and can recommend reading. A well-written romance with a fairly meaty storyline behind it, that took a few very unexpected, surprising twists and in a descriptively beautiful setting.

Published on 30 Oct. 2012 by Nicola_1202

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if a little predictible
I must admit I was suprised this was on the New York Times bestsellers list... it was a niely written but I did kind of feel like I knew where it would end up pretty much from the get go.
Published on 24 July 2013 by Kitten

4.0 out of 5 stars More than just a romance, 30 Oct. 2012
Nicola_1202 (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Summer Secrets (Kindle Edition)

Whilst I found the opening chapters a little slow in getting going, when it did I found it difficult to put down. Kate, Ashley and Caroline are great characters; all with their own strengths and weaknesses and all so different. Their sisterly rivalry, insecurities, disagreements and love for one another are true-to-life and the men in the book bring out the best and worst in them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Summer secrets, 4 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Summer Secrets (Kindle Edition)
Thrilling all the way through would suite all ages gripping at times could not put the book down looking forward to reading more from this author

5.0 out of 5 stars A super read - thank you!, 11 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Summer Secrets (Kindle Edition)
A fab book that I would have been more than happy to pay for. Barbara Freethy is a great author, the first book I read of hers was Ryans return which was really good but I actually think I prefer this one. It kept me guessing right to the very end and loved that it was about sailing - something I know absoluetly nothing about.

Thank you Barbara Freethy for a super freebie! I will be buying the rest of your books :)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK if a little predictible, 24 July 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, and very repetitive, 20 Jan. 2013
Mrs. F. Spencer "frankie" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Secrets (Kindle Edition)
This is the first book I've ever read by this author. There were some parts which I really enjoyed, but on the whole, I found it extremely repetitive. How many times can you read someone saying that they don't want to go out on the water again? Well apparently about a million!! It just seemed to go round and round in circles for so long. When my kindle said I was 56% of the way through the book, and I just remember thinking, "Is that all?"

The big secret was just too drawn out. I really didn't care in the end what went on in that race 8 years ago because it just took so long to get to that point, with nothing much really happening in between to keep me interested. I hate giving up on a book, so I kept going to the end.

Once I found out what happened on that fateful night, I thought it all very unbelievable and a little disappointing.

I also found the relationship between Kate and Tyler very predictable throughout the whole book. I thought the middle sister's character (I can't even remember her name and I only finished it 2 days ago!), was very weak and under-developed. I couldn't relate to her in any way. I found it hard to relate to any of the them really and found myself routing for Tyler.

All in all it was just too repetitive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy read, Great book, 2 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Summer Secrets (Kindle Edition)
A friend told me about this writer, and Amazon have a few of her books for free.
This is a great read, good story with a good twist. I can see why the sisters turned up they way they did, what a secret the father asked them to keep. Very will written, kept me wondring about how it will end. All in all enjoyed it a lot.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth the read., 12 April 2014
This review is from: Summer Secrets (Kindle Edition)
In the beginning i was quite taking with the story, but honestly i felt like it dragged on too much before things began to happen. Sometimes i felt that the response or actions of the characters were over dramatic and i wondered what all the fuss was about and then when the big reveal happened toward the end, it was underplayed and didn't seem like a big deal. I was diasppointed that the plot wasn't as complex as i thought it was going to be and that most of the story was predictable. I also thought that some of the diagloue was a little unrealist for a male chacter and the main character was all Disney, cheesy romance which i couldn't imagine anyone of her age group expressing themselves in that way . However, that doesn't me the book wasn't enjoyable. I thought main chacter was dull, but the rest were really well developed and a nice contrast between all of their personalities. I especially liked the description of the boat stuff and the town and this is what really kept me reading. The charm, energy and oceanic free to the town was a welcome change to the grim April here in England. Interested in reading other books from this author, and would reccommend.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lighthearted, 20 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Summer Secrets (Kindle Edition)
Again a new author never read before would read more of her books if available. Read this almost non stop except for the usual chores!,

4.0 out of 5 stars The truth will out ...., 2 Feb. 2014
SunnyB (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Summer Secrets (Kindle Edition)
Something happened out there on the ocean eight years ago, when the family was in a sailing race and the new stranger in town - a journalist no less - seems to know there is something to be uncovered. This means that Kate needs to keep her family safe, by making sure no-one says anything to confirm this suspicion. But with the arrival of an old adversary, sailing the boat in which they had been victorious, the danger of their secret becoming common knowledge is dramatically increased.

Try as she might, Kate can't help but admit to herself that she is falling for the annoying journalist, although she knows it can go no where. How is she going to manage to keep every thing together now?

We know from the outset, that the journalist believes one of the sisters, to be the biological mother of his niece. What we don't know for sure, is if this is fact and if so who. The author manages to keep this under wraps until very late in the book, keeping the reader guessing.

Well written and worth the time to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing book, 25 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Summer Secrets (Kindle Edition)
I have read so many Barbara Freethy books and when I first saw this is wasn't free at the time so I added to my wish list to think about. When it became free I snatched it up and started reading it immediately. Like every other one of her books I was unable to stop reading, I was lost in the tale. But the good thing was it was an intellectual plot without been confusing and so I didn't have to keep re-reading to understand things. Everything fit together so perfectly and I understood how every felt. The characters feelings came across really well and I have to admit that I did cry more than once, this book like every other Barbara Freethy was beautifully written and I would have happily paid for it but I am glad I waited and got it free!

Summer Secrets
Summer Secrets by Barbara Freethy (Mass Market Paperback - April 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01