4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it
I disagree with the other 2 reviews, I enjoyed this book. I thought the two main characters had chemistry and I didnt feel there was too much mention of the Civil War at all. I like Lisa Kleypas and this book didnt disappoint me.
Published on 25 Sep 2011 by G. Raff

2.0 out of 5 stars Love, Come to Me
I am a devoted Lisa Kleypas fan. And I did know when buying this that it was from way back when.

Let me say one thing- I think this was unpublished for a reason.

Published on 13 Sep 2011 by Isabel

2.0 out of 5 stars Love, Come to Me, 13 Sep 2011
Isabel (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love, Come to Me (Mass Market Paperback)

Let me say one thing- I think this was unpublished for a reason.

It starts out slow, and really only gets slower as the book goes on. The female lead, Lucinda, did not endear herself to me- I found her shallow, judgemental and a tad whiney. The male lead, Heath, is written one moment as a brooding war veteran, the next as a whimsical hen pecked husband, the next as a newspaper baron. I like my characters to have depth, but this was just confusing and made the character completely unbelievable.

As I said before, the pace is slow. There is usually a flow to Lisa Kleypas' stories, a sequence of events (man meets woman, time passes, they fall in love, they get married/get together, obstacle in way, obstacle overcome, happy ending) which I love and can read again and again as she manages to recreate this format every time, tweaking here and there. But the story arc in Love, Come to Me, was laboured, clunky and confusing.

Only buy if, like me, you are obsessed with having a full and complete collection. If you prefer Lisa Kleypas' usual historical romance, with it's sizzling romance, quirky characters and generous dollop of her marvellous humour, this book is probably not for you.

2.0 out of 5 stars Glad I cancelled the preorder and borrowed this. Early Lisa Kleypas which isn't really up to her standards., 20 Sep 2011
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Love, Come to Me (Mass Market Paperback)
The original book is 23 years old and out of stock, so when I saw this edition at a bargain price, I pre-ordered it. I then began to see some pretty dire reviews, so I cancelled the pre-order and borrowed it from the library. Good choice, I am sorry to say.

The book was bogged down in historical detail, and it felt reading more about the Civil war than a romance novel. The characters were not fully-fleshed, and Lucinda was whiny, childish and immature and I didn't really find anything to like in her til nearly the end. Heath was one-dimensional and seemed content to watch in the shadows (after he rescued her and restored her to health and they were then forced to be strangers to each other, as society dictated), in the hopes that he would see cracks in Lucinda's relationship with her fiance...it made him seem rather sad.

Yes, they are found in a compromising situation and are forced to marry, but I couldn't see true mutual attraction or like, and it felt as this could have been written by a totally different author, as it was so unlike LK books of today. This would definitely not have been a Keeper, but for the minimal reservation fee, I can at least tick off this title from those LK ones that I have yet to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some parts like the Kleypas I know but only ok, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: Love, Come to Me (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this book as I buy anything with Lisa Kleypas but was not overwealmed by it. She herself admits she has changed her writing style since this book and I totally agree. Compared to her novels today this one seemed to hang about at parts of the story that didn't mean much. I definitely could not say I couldnt put it down, in fact sometimes I struggled to keep reading. It just didnt have the necessary pace to make you want to get to the end. In terms of characters I thought the hero possessed a variable personality that didnt make me warm to him. For example, he encouraged the heroine to speak up/ be herself and actively engaged her in conversation on current issues(uncommon at the time) yet when she stood up for herself and gave a different opinion to him, he made her change her mind -SPOILER -(by pinning her down and having sex with her until she saw things 'his way') On the whole just not great like her fantastic recent novels like the Hathaway series or the Wallflower ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars I liked it, 25 Sep 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 22 April 2013
This review is from: Love, Come to Me (Mass Market Paperback)
I really like this book and the writer.
Amazing book!

I would like to recommend this book who likes romance.

ARRAY(0xa4023bac)

Love, Come to Me
Love, Come to Me by Lisa Kleypas (Mass Market Paperback - 30 Aug 2011)
4.81