4.0 out of 5 stars Mr. Monk Looks for Work, 5 Aug 2010
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Budget cuts are an on-going problem at the San Francisco Police Department, and unfortunately, Monk is the victim once again when his services are no longer affordable. Then he gets the bad news that all of his life savings are gone. Seems he had turned them over to Bob Sebes, a man now under house arrest for running a giant Ponzi scheme that has collapsed.

Then one of the key witnesses against Bob Sebes is murdered. Monk immediately decides that Sebes must be the killer despite the fact that Sebes is wearing a GPS device at all times and his house is surrounded by the media. Is he right? Will he solve the case even though he is no longer a consultant? And can Natalie find the two of them a job that they can both keep?

This is another fun book that will entertain fans missing the TV show. Monk, Natalie, and Stottlemeyer were perfect versions of themselves from the show. Disher seemed a bit over the top, and Julie was much more of a whiney teenager then she ever came across on the TV show. Probably more realistic, but it did bother me.

The mystery weaves into and out of the book, but we're never bored as we watch Monk attempt to keep a job. Those parts of the book are just as entertaining as the mystery. I was a bit disappointed to see the idea of Monk being fired due to budget cuts come up again so soon, but it did set up a great book, so it was a minor issue for me.

If you wish that Monk hadn't gone off the air, this book is definitely for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent on the Kindle, 12 Jan 2012
Jane2212 (Lichfield, Staffs. GB) - See all my reviews
This is the first Kindle book I've downloaded, I was initially worried that I wouldn't enjoy 'Monk' so much on the Kindle but it was great - I got immersed in it totally.

The characters in Lee Goldberg's book are exactly the same as on the TV; you can just imagine them as you read. He keeps everything they do and say true to the programme.

Well worth the money to download and I shall keep this on my Kindle in the same way my bookcase is full of my favourite books.

Mr. Monk is Cleaned Out (Mr. Monk Mysteries)
Mr. Monk is Cleaned Out (Mr. Monk Mysteries) by Lee Goldberg (Mass Market Paperback - 24 Feb 2011)
5.72