Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 10 January 2012
"Unleashed" by Katie MacAlister.
Is actually a shape changing vampire story. Lots of humor and sexy vampires. And wolves. And - well. It's got a whole world built in, from a previous story line of MacAlister's other book series, so its more than just a short story. I'm not a huge vampire fan, but I still found the characters intertaining. The vampire, Avery Scott, turns into a jaguar, which is where this story folds into the book theme.

"Cat Scratch Fever" by Connie Brockway.
This short story is a stand alone, as far as I know. I really liked the heroine, Edith Handelman, even though she has asbergers syndrome - or perhaps because of it. The thing I dont like about it, is asbergers syndrome characters are EVERYWHERE these days. It's getting used far too often. Jim Curran brings his daughter to the shelter to pick out a new kitten. She attaches herself to a very elderly cat, stating it's her dead mothers cat that ran away before she was born. This story had me heavily crying, but in a good way.

"A Cat's Game" by Vicki Lewis Thompson.
The heroine, Kate Archer, adopts a cat from the shelter, and there the connection to the theme pretty much ends. Katy is an introverted daughter of a famous star. She wants to be a home body and far out of the lime light. She meets up with high school flame, Jon Ramsey, who has made it big time, who can't tie his shoe without making tabloid headlines. She turns him away, but then decides she'd rather have him (and put up with the media), than not. Of the three stories, this one is clearly teen age wishfulfilment, and it left me cold.