on 8 March 2007
Grace O'Malley led a long and adventurous life. Not always an easy one but one with never a dull moment. From the moment of her first marriage she would not be tamed into a life of a subservient wife. She had a mind of her own and wouldn't let any man, let alone Queen Elizabeth I of England, subdue her.

In Grace's career as a pirate she nearly bankrupted the English treasury, had a few husbands and lovers with very diverse backgrounds and heritages, made herself a fortune and was mother to four children. She also had a unique but amicable relationship with Queen Elizabeth I after much discussion between them concerning their lives and whatever else came to their minds.

This is an exciting, swashbuckling tale about a little known historical Irish persona in the 16th century. Her life is the stuff legends are made of and I only wish there were as many historical fictions novel about Grace O'Malley as there are about Elizabeth I, Queen of England. There are two historical fiction novels by Morgan Llywelyn concerning Grace O'Malley, I've read both and they are very excellent reads as well as this one.
on 5 September 2010
I love the part of Ireland that Grainuaile (Grace) hails from and have therefore been loosely interested in her exploits and the myths over the years.

A book that I found hard to put down, a brilliant read.
on 3 January 2013
This proved to be an excellent publication which was well packaged very good price excellent service. Now used every day