5.0 out of 5 stars Fire me up... one of the best books I've ever read!
Published on 30 July 2006 by Flutter

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm.....
Published on 29 May 2005 by Jo Vkowski

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire me up... one of the best books I've ever read!, 30 July 2006
This review is from: FIRE ME UP: An Aisling Grey, Guardian, Novel (Aisling Grey, Guardian Novels) (Mass Market Paperback)
What can I say? I absolutely LOVE this book! It's funny, sexy, imaginative, has an excellent plot and loads of brilliant characters (both new and old) that I just love. This story follows on directly from "You Slay Me" (the first Aisling Grey novel) which I also loved. You really need to read that one first or this won't make much sense. Even then, there's so much going on it's hard to keep up with it all!

To cut a long story short, in the first book Aisling found out that she is a guardian (keeper of the gates of hell), a wyvern's mate (life partner to the head of a dragon sept... the very sexy Drake (a green dragon in human form)) and inadvertently becomes a demon lord (to the lovely Jim... a "good" demon in doggie form). This book is set in Budapest, where Aisling has come to attend an "otherworld" conference and deliver an amulet to a hermit. Here she bumps into Drake (who she's trying to avoid despite having the major hots for him), gets accused of murder (again) which she tries to solve to clear her name, is inundated by amorous men (and incubi), trys to find a guardian mentor to train her, whilst reluctantly being dragged into dragon politics. All in a days work for our Aisling!

If you like unusual, lighthearted, sexy, romantic, supernatural comedies then give this series a go. I know some people find Aisling a bit annoying, but I rather like her and find her antics endearing, though even I feel like banging her head against a brick wall for continuously walking out on the lovely Drake! I can't wait for the next instalment ("Light My Fire")... bring it on Katie!

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmm....., 29 May 2005
A good plotline, and great characters, plenty of diversity But... the heroine! You would have thought by the second book she'd have developed a backbone. She spends most of the book depending on other people to get her out of scrapes, there were parts of the book i had to fight to keep reading i was so tempted to put it down and forget about it. The way every time the woman mentioned her name to the police she just went along with it, instead of doing anything about the woman she just accepts it. Fair enough it is good to have humor in a book, but not when it comes from having such a useless heroine.
Also her total weakness to 'her mate' every time he does something sneaky and devious she just goes running back to him and forgives him, every-one pushes her around and she lets them. I'm very tempted to give up this series, and if the next book doesn't improve i will.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but be warned......, 21 May 2005
By A Customer
.....that you'll be left dissatisfied at the end!
This is the second book in the series - the first is You Slay Me which I really enjoyed. The main character Aisling can be a bit annoying but otherwise its a good laugh and the author has created a fascinating fantasy world.
The problem with both books is that the author leaves the story hanging each time - there is no happy ending where girl meets boy and they live happy ever after! Instead at the end of the first book, girl rejects boy and goes home...this left me very frustrated with the whole thing as I then had to wait months to read the second book......did I then get my happy ending??! No!! Girl and boy get together to split up at the end of the book leaving girl to go home alone.....So what does this mean? Well it means that I'll probably have to wait a year until the next book comes out....
It seems to me that the author is getting greedy - by depriving us of the ending we want, she is ensuring we buy the next book. Well no more! I can't face waiting for another year only to be disappointed yet again!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 12 April 2013
I really liked this book. It was a refreshing change to some of the other things I was reading at the time. As with all Katie Macalister books, there was humour throughout the story. Jim had me laughing plenty of times. The story was enough to keep me reading as I wondered where it was heading next. It was a nice, easy read that I would easily recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book by Katie MacAlister, 15 Jan 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book. It was both funny and sexy with a hint of supernatural adventure. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aisling is bound to run into trouble., 15 Nov 2010
Aisling is off to Budapest to deliver a priceless amulet, as well as attend a sort of supernatural convention. As she is leaving the airport she is attacked by gypsies who are trying to steal the amulet from her luggage, leaving a trail of underwear flying into the wind, right into the leg of Drake Viero. After a month apart Aisling is startled to see him in the same part of the world as her. Let's not forget her trusty, and always available cab driver shows up just in time to assist her. She soon finds herself caught up in the investigation of another murder. With trying to learn the ways of the Guardians, avoid Drake, and clear her name Aisling is bound to run into trouble. One thought as I read this series. Why do the hot (from my imagination they are all hot) men always wear leather and have long hair? That is not what my imagination comes up with as attractive and it kind of throws a wrench in the character my mind has created!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a fanatstic read!, 11 Jan 2009
Debs (London,UK) - See all my reviews
I recently had flu, I am a very fussy reader (love harry potter, hate Lord of the Rings) and my best reading buddy had given me some of Kate's books. I resisted reading them, but trapped at home, sick, I succumbed. Wow! In a world as complete as JK Rowlings BUT better because its full of sexy men, laugh out loud humour and exciting sexual and plot tension, I loved them! I did not like her historicals because her style seems too relaxed, and I will always have a problem with Vampires (even Christian) but I have been bowled over by the world of Aisling Grey (Assh-ling) and her attempts to harness her powers. KMs style is so so perfect for these tales.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful [...], 9 Feb 2007
What a great book, it is part of a 3 book (so far) series, following the life and loves of Aisling Grey Guardian of the underworld, wife of a dragon leader and Demon Lord.

She has a very busy life, and it is a wonderful fast paced read, it will have you laughing out loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same please...., 23 Jan 2007
Ms Y. Butler "yrb6924" (Ipswich, Suffolk United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was introduced to the Aisling Grey novels by a friend and what a good recommendation that was. I love this series of books by Katie Macalister. For me they are quick and easy to read, the action is constant from start to finish. The love affair with the gorgeous green dragon Drake, just has you wanting more, more, more....

5.0 out of 5 stars Aisling Grey Has Returned, 5 May 2005
By A Customer
Aisling Grey has returned and brought sexual energy and a host of characters that are hard to resist reading about in this fabulous novel. There is more than simple sparks flying about in this book, heck, there is downright burning inferno's happening in the sexual encounters of this book. Way to go!!
Also recommended: Fire In The Ice by Katlyn Stewart and Impossible by Danielle Steel

FIRE ME UP: An Aisling Grey, Guardian, Novel (Aisling Grey, Guardian Novels)
FIRE ME UP: An Aisling Grey, Guardian, Novel (Aisling Grey, Guardian Novels) by Katie MacAlister (Mass Market Paperback - 17 Jan 2008)
5.64