Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 4 March 2003
On his way as an envoy from the English king to seek the help of the legendary privateer, the Pirate Wolf, Varian St. Claire's ship is attacked by Spanish ships, only to be rescued by the pirate ship, Iron Rose, captained by the Wolf's daughter, Juliet Dante. She agrees to take the pampered lordling to her father, but only as a hostage. Over the course of the voyage, Varian becomes enarmored of this young woman, one so very different from the pale young women he normally sees. Yet, his life is already promised to another, and Juliet might be taken with Varian, but he is just as alien to her as she to him.
Class differences alone do not stand in their way. Politics and treachery will endanger their lives. Despite all this, they share passionate moments that could churn the seas themselves.
***** With all the flare and dash of an Errol Flynn pirate movie, only with the heroine playing Flynn's role, Ms. Canham sweeps the reader away so clearly that you can almost taste the salty air. Varian shows more spirit than one might expect from a softly raised gentleman, and the settings are breathtaking. With any luck, Juliet's brothers will also have their own stories told.
on 19 March 2013
I enjoyed this book very much. As with the rest of the series full of action, intrigue, love and great information about these wonderful boats and times in our history.
on 3 July 2012
After reading 'Across a Moonlit Sea' I had to have the follow on and I loved it! Wasn't sure at first with the lady being tougher than her man but I soon became enthralled in the love affair building between Juliet Dante and her Duke. Juliet is the daughter of Simon and Isabeau Dante who feature in the first book of this trilogy. Juliet is every bit as tough as her father the Pirate Wolf and is captain of her own ship, she manages a sword pretty well too! Now I have bought 'The Following Sea' which is the third book and is about Gabriel their youngest son.
on 9 February 2014
Thank god the erotic scenes came about sooner than Beau and Dantes as the tension was unbearable!
As ever the characters were engaging and it chock full of romance, adventure and a full story to keep you wanting more and have you up late into the night wanting to read one more page.

The battle scenes were so detailed you could imagine what was happening as if you were on a rain soaked deck. The characters were engaging and found myself loving some like Johnny Boy.

Love this series so sad there's only one more in it so far!
on 27 May 2013
I kept the pages turning until the end as it was fast paced and gripping through out.
A great read bring on the next adventure
on 17 December 2013
Marsha didn't let me down. I loved the first book so much, I just had to read the second. I did struggle at the beginning as to me the lady was a bit too tough for my liking but I got there in the end. I felt there was more history in this book compared to the first one, so not sure if I'd download the third book.. but don't let me put you off as this is a fantastic read
on 4 January 2015
A good read but eventually too predictable as a series. Many similar books have been published which are perhaps more polished. Definitely not in the same class as some of the Naval action adventures such as Hornblower. The explicit romantic bits were well written though and overall the books should appeal to lovers of historical romance.
on 10 July 2014
An author that doesn't hesitate to get gritty. An exciting balance of romance in a harsh life of the privateers, with an endless flow of exhilarating story.

A worthy read that you will not leave you a dull moment.
on 24 May 2014
This book is a trilogy and well worth the read, a bit saucy in places as its on the romance side, but it is packed with action which I enjoyed and would recommend getting all 3 books!
on 18 October 2015
Marsha Canham has done it again. Action, adventure and passion all rolled into one amazing book. Can't wait to read the final part of the Pirate Wolf Trilogy.