5.0 out of 5 stars CORRECT FINANCIAL ADVICE EASILY READ AND UNDERSTOOD
Published on 5 Feb 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars The richest man in babylon
It is a simple enough book to read. Brings financial lesson in little interesting ancient tales without any of the difficult financial jargon and the lessons as enough to follow. Good read all round
Published 14 months ago by Tawanda Savanhu

5.0 out of 5 stars CORRECT FINANCIAL ADVICE EASILY READ AND UNDERSTOOD, 5 Feb 1999
By A Customer
Most personal finance books are written to be clear, and to get you to save money, invest it well, prepare for your future and so forth. But the message often does not stick. This beautifully told tale takes those important lessons and conveys them to you like you have received them from a loving grandparent or parent. The care and concern for your well-being are evident in this book, and you feel joy in following the advice. This book is as heart-warming a treatment of how to have more financial success as I have ever read. If you want to share one book with your children about what the rules of financial success are, share this book. I underlined key points in my copy, and I can review the lessons that I need in five minutes or less. I look at those lessons several times a year, and take pleasure in have heeded their message. I wish I could write a book this good. If you have financial problems today, you may feel that you cannot recover. You should be more optimistic. Start following these rules as soon as you can, and your situation will improve remarkably. You will earn an enormous return on your investment in this book. Having made that first great investment, you will soon learn to make many more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a fine wine, this book gets better with age, 15 Feb 2005
This review is from: The Richest Man in Babylon (Mass Market Paperback)
This book educates the reader about the way to improve one's personal finances. It uses a parable format to explain how two friends learnt how to improve their poor financial situation. They sought the advice of a friend whose wealth appeared to be limitless. Amongst the parables are references to modern day examples. It was the letter sent by the English University Professor that I found most inspiring.
The writing style is old English. This does make it hard to follow at first. It will take a chapter or two to 'get to grips' with the style. From there on it is easy and will soon become easy to read. It is not a long book so will start slow and finish fast.
I can highly recommend anyone to read this book. The advice offered is simple. If followed it will inevitably lead the reader to an improved financial future. I felt empowered and richer as soon as I read the final words. I will not be offering this book for resale as I continually refer to the sound advice that has lasted thousands of years.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a MBA!, 27 July 1998
By A Customer
This is the easiest book to read about managing one's personal financial affairs, and the best book I can recommend. After two degrees, I still haven't read any book or magazine that has had more impact on my personal financial situation. If one truly lives by the principles listed, they will have a successful financial future. I've given away many of these books for weddings, graduations, and personal gifts - It is worth more than any other financial gift one can give. It teaches people to be self reliant, even if their present situation seems financially hopeless. There is a solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Principals for Financial Independence are Timeless, 3 Feb 1999
By A Customer
I found this book fascinating in that the successful financial principles of 6000 years ago still apply today. With all the resources and technology my company and industry employs today it really struck me that it still starts with one making a fundamental decision to do the things that will result in reducing debt, protecting ones assets and income, and increasing same assets by investing responsibly and systematically. It's also fascinating to see that the entrepreneur made up as much of the wealthy one percent as they do today! This book is part of my clients and personal financial analyst trainees must read list! Greg Bednarz, Personal Finacial Analyst, Primerica Financial Services

4.0 out of 5 stars Sound financial advice, 1 Jan 2005
This review is from: The Richest Man in Babylon (Mass Market Paperback)
This book offers you some simple - yet powerful - and proven techniques to manage your finances.
If your dream is to become financially free - this book is for you! While the theses in this book can be hard to apply to your own situation - the rewards will be worth your endurance.
Built around stories from the ancient Babylonian civilization this book offers you advice on managing your finances and become financially free.
In this particular version an "old english" style of writing is used - but I believe a version in contemporary english has been released.
Well worth a read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Plan for your future by thinking long-term, 25 Feb 1997
By A Customer
I have read this book twice myself and have given copies as gifts to friends. This book reinforces the immense need to take a long-term view of financial planning. It simply encourages discipline and encouragement to develop and stick to a plan. At just a few dollars, this book may be the best investment I will find in my lifetime. Written in simple terms, the concepts are simple. Nevertheless, as time marches on, I believe greater percentages of our society are financially unprepared for the present, much less the future. This book could help anyone, at any income level, improve on their current financial situation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Timeless advice on handling money and putting it to work., 2 Nov 1996
By A Customer
The Babylonians are the people who invented the concept of
"money" more than 5,000 years ago. The same principles that
applied to earning and accumulating wealth then still work
today. This little book of parables about ancient Babylon
provides a fresh point of view to modern readers that has
worked to inspire probably millions of readers since the
book was first published in the 1930's. Excellent and
practical advice, should be required reading for high school
and college students before they start their first real job.

5.0 out of 5 stars A MUST - READ for anybody who seeks financial freedom, 7 Dec 1998
By A Customer
The concepts are simple, the illustration of these concepts is brilliant and presented in an entertaining and simple way.
Once upon a time I had $10,000 in credit card debt. I found this book on my brother's bookshelf, he had two copies so I borrowed one. I employed the principles described in this book, and two years later I had no debt and $15,000 in cash.
If you have no money at all and think you are barely staying afloat, you should have bought this book yesterday. If you are earning six figures and keeping up with the Jones next store, but never really seeming to get ahead, this book will give you some solutions. You can read it in a day or a weekend...then start collecting money for the rest of your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, especially for learning to save money and grow your nest egg, 16 Nov 2010
This book is a great read because the stories are told in a parable style which help you to understand the principles behind money management and how to grow your nest egg for the future. It highlights where most people go wrong where it concerns their spending habits and how you can avoid having little or no money in the future. The phrase it taught me was that:

"For every coin you earn, part of it is yours to keep" and there can be nothing more important to take forward in life in order to be debt free and living within your means.

I have followed this sage advice, especially when I was looking for the best ISA rate at [...] for my savings and I now have no debt and no worries as everything is budgeted for. There are no surprises when things go wrong with the house or car because I put money away for those issues and when the money isn't required, it's making my wife and I some cash interest too. It's a win-win situation for us both. I learnt all these great principles from this book. Buy it now - it will save and make you a packet!

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Gift on the Occasion of Birthday or Marriage, 21 Sep 2000
By A Customer
"The Richest Man in Babylon" is one of the best books I've ever read and I recommend it to anyone. The principles are timeless, powerful and inspirational. The rules are very simple but not easy to follow!
This book is Number One of my financial library. The best next book you must read after "The Richest Man in Babylon" is "The Millionaire Next Door". This will forever change your financial life.
I highly recommend that every person who can read should own a copy. "The Richest Man in Babylon" is a true classic and a great gift for those just starting out, e.g. on the occasion of birthday or marriage. This book is indespensible for old and young alike.

The Richest Man in Babylon
The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason (Mass Market Paperback - 1 Feb 2004)