on 23 June 2002
I absolutely love this book! I've read it several times and my only regret is that I didn't discover it sooner as now I can't get a copy of my own. It shows the long running conflict between Paganism and Christianity, men and women and, ultimately, good and evil. It was this book that gave me further insight into Paganism and sparked off my interest as many of the facts are very true.
I totally recommend this book for everybody, no body should miss out!
on 9 August 2003
I read this book for the first time when i was 13 and i have never forgotten it because it was the most incredible book i have ever read. It shows darkness and conflict all through the eyes of a young girl Eirian who has to bear witness to the awful crimes of man during the witch trials through visions which she has until the age of 11. The book is by an incredible author Freda Warrington who has immense vision and talent and has written many other incredible books including the sequel to Dark Cathedral, "Pagan Moon", also a fantastic book. I also regret never tracking down a copy of my own before now and cannot wait to get my hands on it so i can read it all over again. :-)
on 31 March 2007
Okay I admit it - I'm a total book addict, but this book is sensational. For anyone who has heard the term paganism but never quite understood it or why this - the oldest religion perhaps in the world became so secretive "Dark Cathedral" will show you why. You might think the Spice Girls thought up Girl Power - you'd be wrong. The characters are excellent, the follow up to this called "Pagan Moon" is just as good I really do recommend this book to everyone.
on 28 March 2008
I've read this book five times myself, and I'm sure I'll read it again.
Why? Because it's beautifully written, deep, dark, mystical, erotic and all the characters are in themselves legendary; epic and unforgettable.
For those who want to be swept away to a fantastic world full of adventure, wedged between the myths and mania of Paganism and Christianity, this is the book for you.
on 28 June 2009
My Favourite book of all time, i loved this book so much ive read it 3 times so far and im sure i will read it again,
on 25 November 2015
Bought for someone else, so sorry can't comment.