5.0 out of 5 stars The I-5 Killer is riviting true crime at its best!
Published on 1 Jun. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars True crime
The book arrived promptly in fair condition. A very well used copy with discoloured pages, perfectly readable. Ann Rule chooses her cases so well and writes brilliantly. I much prefer a long solid case like this rather than her multi case books.
Published 10 months ago by Jo Hatfield

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The I-5 Killer is riviting true crime at its best!, 1 Jun. 1999
This review is from: The I-5 Killer (Mass Market Paperback)
I have read two previous books by Ann Rule when she wrote underthe pen name of Andy Stack: Lust Killer and the Want-Ad Killer. This book, The I-5 Killer, I think, is the worst in the Andy Stack Trilogy. The crimes of Randall Woodfield are so horrific and sickening that I felt my stomach churn with disbelief and anger. His crimes were not just relegated to women, but to children as well...Any woman or women who looked as though they would be free targets for his sexually warped, frenzied, psychotic mind would be the target of Randall Brent Woodfield -- the I-5 Killer. My summation does not do the horror in this book justice -- as it gets extremely worse and bizarre....Ann Rule is a tremendously talented writer and deserves every honor and Edgar Allen Poe Award for this difficult genre.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was AWE struck. Ann's books can really open your Eyes!!, 4 Aug. 1999
This review is from: The I-5 Killer (Mass Market Paperback)
This book was a pure example that a sick mind has no limitations. Randall Woodfield came from a good family background and had everything going for him. But that still was not enough. Reading Ann Rule's books have made me aware that you have to be on guard at all times. You never know who's lurking in the shadows. Her books are not only shockingly true, they also serve to 'educate' those who read them. Once you start reading one of her books, you cannot put it down!! You will be wide-eyed and open-mouthed through the whole book. Keep up the good work, Ann!!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Inner Workings of a serial murderer, 19 Feb. 1997
This review is from: The I-5 Killer (Mass Market Paperback)
As a psychology student (and a campus police officer), I was very intrigued/and numbed at the way Ann went into detail into the mind of Randall Woodfield (the killer). This book will not only intrigue criminal justice students, but psychology students as well. I would encourage everyone to read this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Fascinating look At A Serial Killers Life., 19 Dec. 1999
This review is from: The I-5 Killer (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is an excellent look at the life and crimes of a killer. It's made all the more realistic by the shocking and compelling photographs. As the book entered the long process of detailing the trail it did have the ability to loose the reader a bit. Other than that it is an exciting and informative book. It makes you think that all those 'boy next door' types you know may be hiding a dark evil they can't escape just the same as 'Randy'.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excelent book thats nearly impossible to put down, 12 May 1999
This review is from: The I-5 Killer (Mass Market Paperback)
This book is a real gripper! 1 to 2 nites regardless of the time. My wife read the book and then told me about it and that Woodfield was the guy that was caught here in our area and that he was the guy that the State police used to stake out the West 11th ave. Taco Time for while she and my sister worked until midnite. They thought that because it was so secluded that he would possibly try to case the place. Well they caught him somewhere else shortly after that and then I had the story told to me. I wasn't very happy having my girlfriend and sister used as bait but they were probably safer on those nights. When ever we drive by the State Pen on I-5 in Salem I always say "there is Randall Woodfields house! " and my wife just shakes her head and I say honey tell the kids how you and Aunt Mary were part of the stake out to catch Randy Woodfield when you worked at TacoTime in 1981. Our kids just cant believe it when I told them how many people he had killed. It has been a long time since the book first came out but I read it twice and so this review is quite overdue. Enjoy- Skip

5.0 out of 5 stars ANN RULE AUTHOR, 12 Nov. 2011
Mrs. A. J. Collop "bookworm" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have read every one of Ann Rules books and recommend every one of them,she leaves nothing to the imagination and tells how it was and how it happened and the result,even pointing out bad mistakes the police made.A great author.

3.0 out of 5 stars True crime, 24 Jun. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Shark eyes, 8 Dec. 2014
This review is from: The I-5 Killer (Kindle Edition)
I've always been interested in criminals, especially murderers & rapists. It's like they have something to say about what they think about their life, imagined or real. These well written types of books are important to get us to understand that recognizing him is never obvious & shows that the police have a tough job in making sure that they have found the right man, also with a little luck too. Forensic science was still in its infancy.
If you didn't know that this actually happened you'd think it was a crime fiction novel.
Sometimes graphic, yet, still hard to put down, it's a must for a crime fan.

4.0 out of 5 stars page turner, 16 Feb. 2013
This review is from: The I-5 Killer (Mass Market Paperback)
If you like murder you will quite probably like this account of the I -5 predator. The soft spoken ex professional footballer who committed a string of appalling killings, driven by an abnormal sex compulsion. Ann Rule,a new writer for me, has a style of writing that hits the spot. I was unable to put it down, and have already ordered another title.

5.0 out of 5 stars gripping stuff, 1 Sept. 2007
F.Dawson (huddersfield,england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The I-5 Killer (Mass Market Paperback)
i have to say this book is brilliant,i just could not put it down...i started and finished it the same day...i had not really heard much about randall woodfield before that,certainly wont forget him in a hurry!!a really nasty vicious fella who gets no sympathy from me,some of the things he did turn your stomach...he should have got the death sentence.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The I-5 Killer
The I-5 Killer by Ann Rule (Mass Market Paperback - 28 July 1994)