5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books of short stories I have ever read!
I have just re-discovered this book after many years,but many of the stories are still fresh in my mind; that's how good they are.
The title story,Jizzle,is about a monkey,actually called Giselle,who can draw surprisingly accurate portraits,and what happens when she dosn't get her own way.
All these stories are excellent,but I must pick out How Do I Do? ,a tale...
Published on 30 Nov 2003 by C. M. Collier

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Not as good as his many other works by a long way. It's not awful, but I wasn't keen. One for the serious Wyndham fans only.
Published on 12 Aug 2009 by snowqueen01

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books of short stories I have ever read!, 30 Nov 2003
C. M. Collier "myopia1" (Liverpool,england) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Jizzle (Paperback)
All these stories are excellent,but I must pick out How Do I Do? ,a tale of a girl who goes to see a fortune-teller,and is tranported into the future to experience it for herself,then sent back again.Her dismay when she realises her summer dress is completely wrong each time,and her rush to the shop to put it right,is absolutely priceless,and one of the things I remembered after all this time.I love the way John Wyndham makes his characters so like us that we can imagine ourselves in the same situations.
This is a wonderful book,not just so-called science fiction,but humour and romance as well. I enjoyed it just as much now as when I was in my teens,and there aren't a lot of books you can say that about,are there?

5.0 out of 5 stars Wyndhams best short story collection, 11 Nov 2007
M. Taylor (Suffolk, England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jizzle (Paperback)
Jizzle is as enjoyable as The Kraken Wakes or The Day of the Triffids, every story is corking, and unlike a few of his collections where the constant variants on time travel can get a bit wearing this has shedloads of variety. For instance the title story's about a monkey and the front cover illustrates (cheesily) the tube-train-in-hell story Confidence Trick. It is all bloody great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent short stories by John Wyndham, 22 May 2011
This review is from: Jizzle (Paperback)
A wide range of entertaining fantasy tales written in Wyndham's characteristically realistic style. I first read them 50-odd years ago - on rereading them for the first time I found they still had great appeal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 12 Aug 2009

Jizzle
Jizzle by John Wyndham (Paperback - 1978)
Used & New from: 0.58