5.0 out of 5 stars Night Shift, right choice
I'm making a concerted effort to collect all of Stephen King in hardcover, and this is a grand addition to my efforts. I love King, and most of his works, too. If you're a King fan and like his short stories, this is one of his better works. Comfort reading when the telly is particularly bad or boring.
Published on 13 Mar. 2010 by Molly McCallister

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to read
Published 17 months ago by Eve Jane Lucille

5.0 out of 5 stars Night Shift, right choice, 13 Mar. 2010

2.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to read, 30 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Night Shift (Hardcover)
I have always found Stephen King near on impossible to get through as he tends to focus on character building and scene setting to detrimental detail. He goes on and on for pages when he could have given the same effect in a few paragraphs. I thought his short stories would be easier to read and more to the point, but they were not. The stories in here are good nonetheless, Jerusalem's Lot I really liked, but I must admit I found a recording on YouTube and listened to the story that way.

In all I like having this book as I admire King so much for what he has done; which is come up with the world's most revered storylines. You cannot fault him on his imagination and talent, just as a writer I find him too in depth and that he goes on and on to the point of boring the reader. I mean, half of the story Graveyard Shift is just him telling us in monotonous detail about a few guys working in a factory! I couldn't finish that. Night Surf also tends to talk endlessly about these characters and never get into the detail of the story, which never seemed to progress.

I love Stephen King, but not for his writing, for his stories.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great set of stories, 20 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Night Shift (Hardcover)
I have been collecting stephen king books for just over a year now and I have about 4 left to get. Currently reading this one, I personally struggle with his short stories compared to the longer novels where you can really get into the characters, mostly looking forward to reading children of the corn.
As one of is early works always recommended for any fan of stephen king, you cant beat it.

4.0 out of 5 stars One day.., 17 April 2013
This review is from: Night Shift (Hardcover)
One day I'll get round to reading this. I bought it on the strength of one of the stories - Quitter Inc, which I enjoyed The book was well priced, and as described.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Nov. 2014
As described. Delivered fast

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Feb. 2015
thanks

Night Shift
Night Shift by Stephen King (Hardcover - 6 Jun. 1991)
Used & New from: £0.01