5.0 out of 5 stars I Is for Innocent
“I is for Innocent” finds our beloved heroine Kinsey Millhone in something of a pickle. Recently fired from her steady job with California Fidelity so not only without work but without an office she’s back doing piece work for lawyer Lonnie Klingsman.
Published on 12 Feb 2006 by Rich Milligan

3.0 out of 5 stars I is for distinctly average
If you like detective novels, and I do, this probably wont disapoint. Its competently written and quite enjoyable but unfotunately thats all. Its a bit like reading a Raymond Chandler but with the smell of cigarette smoke and the taste of sour whiskey removed. Somehow the book lacked "edge" and the characters were a little bland to my way of thinking.
Published on 24 Nov 2005 by Edwin

5.0 out of 5 stars I Is for Innocent, 12 Feb 2006
Rich Milligan (Thatcham, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
The current case Lonnie wants her to investigate is one concerning a murder that occurred over 6 years ago, that of Isabella Barney who was shot through the peephole in her front door. Rather unfortunately Lonnie regular private investigator, Morely Shine has just dropped dead from a heart attack which is why the work has landed on Kinsey’s desk.
This is a real traditional detective story with Kinsey having to trail back and forth across various locations in Santa Teresa, interviewing all manner of people and asking them for their recollections of what happens all those years ago. Only Kinsey could possibly piece together the various bits of the puzzle although as she delves deeper she finds that Morely was also on the same track and perhaps his death wasn’t the death by natural causes it at first appeared.
There’s a delightful start of a sub-plot concerning Kinsey’s landlord Henry Pitts’ brother William who has come to convalesce for a while. William who is well into his eighties strikes up a relationship with none other than Kinsey’s favourite restaurant owner, the indomitable Rosie. The book also sees a brief appearance of Kinsey’s one time lover, policeman Jonah Robb.
An excellent addition to the superb alphabet series.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 11 May 2009
G. Howard "Gemsey" (london) - See all my reviews
Its another installment of the alphabet series, and its one of my favourites. Its a good old fashioned mystery, where you aren't quite sure who you believe.

3.0 out of 5 stars I is for distinctly average, 24 Nov 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 12 April 2014
G. Condie (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
As with all the Sue Grafton alphabet books they are individual stories but reading A - W Kinsey Millhone, the female Private Detective grows and not only do you read about the case in question but it follows her love life or lack of at times and are really enjoyable reads. This is my third time going through the series as I first had them in books and are now transferring to my kindle and I know in future I shall read them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 2 Aug 2013
I like the details about the area in which she lives as I have not yet been to the West Coast. There is a lot about houses and how people live and this brings the story to life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read from Sue Grafton, 18 Jun 2013
Hobbo (Tyne & Wear England) - See all my reviews
I love these series of books. Having stayed in Santa Barbara on many occasions it really takes me back - I can identify many of the places she writes about. Also her character is so down to earth - always look forward to reading the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another best seller from Sue Grafton, 30 Jun 2012
Mr. Stephen Lemon (Spain) - See all my reviews
Still in the middle of reading this one, but so far, another first class story from Sue Grafton. As always very descriptive!

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor plot, 18 May 2011
C. J. Tindall - See all my reviews
I started with A and have been reading the books in sequence, so I've just read "I is for Innocent" and have J on the shelf waiting....
I felt that this was the weakest plot so far. The ending left me checking to see if pages were missing (MEN! Are you skinny?).
I don't feel like reading the next books - so I've gone back to John Dickson Carr.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great air of suspense, 5 Oct 2000
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
In this book I always felt you were one or two steps ahead of Kinsey, yet it made the ending a nerve wracking experience to read. You wonder why she gets herself into these situations and then pray a lot that she will extricate herself with all limbs intact! Exciting if not original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good read, 19 July 2014
Another great mystery from sue Grafton. Kinsey in trouble again but manages to solve the problem with down to earth tenacity and good logic. Super read.

I Is for Innocent (Kinsey Millhone Mysteries)
I Is for Innocent (Kinsey Millhone Mysteries) by Sue Grafton (Mass Market Paperback - Mar 1993)
Used & New from: 0.01