4.0 out of 5 stars 4stars overall, 24 Nov 2010
This review is from: The Devil's Delilah (Hardcover)
In a nutshell: The daughter of a notorious member of Society is determined to stop her father from publishing his scandalous memoirs. To help her in this goal is a bookworm who seems far too muddled to be a proper hero.

My opinion: Not your typical run-of-the-mill romance hero, Jack Langdon is neither dashing nor scandalously improper. Not until he meets Delilah Desmond, that is. She seems to bring out his wild side in a delightfully amusing way. She is the daughter of a man known as Devil Desmond, a man who was scorned by Society for marrying an actress. Having been given the example of two very unconventional parents, she is predictably unconventional herself. And yet, I did not find her to be annoyingly belligerent, or "know-it-all" as so often happens with heroines of her nature. These were two characters I quite liked and found myself rooting for. Delilah's father is one of the best "dark" characters I've ever read.
4stars overall. It is very well-written, with plenty of little historical details. This story is connected to Viscount Vagabond, the heroes being friends, and I found that, while I really enjoyed Jack's story, comparatively it lacked something that I can't quite put my finger on...

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 25 Mar 2013
Although not Ms Chase's best, this in an enjoyable read and the seemingly muddled, head-in-a-book hero works very well - as does Delilah with her difficulties over correct behaviour. I'd have been happy to have seen more of Delilah's father - I got the feeling that, twenty years ago, he'd have been rather good hero material.

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite entertaining, 13 Jan 2013
Patries (Belgium, Ghent) - See all my reviews
Enjoyed myself. Was quite well written and had a nice, amusing plot with a twist. Kept me reading, wanting to know how it would end, although it was obvious, of course.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good old fashioned Regency, 12 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Devil's Delilah (Mass Market Paperback)
A little old fashioned by todays standards but the characters well drawn and sympathetic.The name Delilah i am afraid kept bringing on mental images of Tom Jones which maybe coloured my appreciation of the story!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lorentz Chase Novel, 22 April 2013
I enjoyed the first book that I have read from this author. Good storyline with drama and humour combined. It kept me wanting to read on and on.

The Devil's Delilah
The Devil's Delilah by Loretta Lynda Chase (Mass Market Paperback - Jun 1990)
Used & New from: 18.74