5.0 out of 5 stars More Praise for Mrs. Pollifax, 12 Dec. 2008
Mark Baker - Carstairs Considers (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Palm for Mrs Pollifax (Mass Market Paperback)
Mrs. Pollifax is getting promoted, sort of. Her latest assignment is not her normal courier work. Instead, she has been booked at a luxury spa in Switzerland. Her assignment is to track down the plutonium that has been stolen from two plants recently and then shipped there. Almost enough has been stolen to make a small atomic bomb, so naturally Carstairs and the rest of the international intelligence community is worried.

Upon arriving, Mrs. Pollifax makes contact with her Interpol counterpart and begins to learn what she can about the guests. Robin Burke-Jones is clearly hiding something, but her attention is drawn to the young boy Hafez. Something is upsetting this 10-year-old. And no one ever sees his grandmother. Is he just a distraction? Where is the plutonium?

This absolutely delightful book is one of my three favorites in the series. What makes it for me are the characters. Of course, Mrs. Pollifax is her normal resourceful, charming self. But Robin and Hafez are just delights. The book is fairly predictable, and I was a step ahead of Mrs. Pollifax most of the time. But the pace is so fast that it never took long for me to catch up to her. And there are several heart stopping moments along the way.

This is like a small time machine back to 1973. You'll love every minute of it and wish it were longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars It was so much fun that on returning home I immediately started ordering the ..., 2 July 2014
This review is from: Palm for Mrs Pollifax (Mass Market Paperback)
I read my first Mrs Pollifax novel by accident when on holiday abroad I had read all the books I had with me and this was on the hotel bookshelf. It was so much fun that on returning home I immediately started ordering the others. It is rather dated but beautifully written and Mrs Pollifax is such an unusual heroine, I've thoroughly enjoyed them all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mrs. P has done it agian!!!, 3 Mar. 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Palm for Mrs Pollifax (Mass Market Paperback)
Mrs. P has done it again!!! This time she meets up with a cat burgalur. She also gets kidnaped. A great book, Everyone should read it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary stuff, 9 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Palm for Mrs Pollifax (Mass Market Paperback)
I have recently been rereading all of Dorothy Gilman's Mrs. Pollifax books (some for the first time in over a decade) and have just finished "A Palm for Mrs. Pollifax," her fourth. I love all of the Pollifax books but, so far, this is by far the scariest! I have not found any other Pollifax book to be so full of terror and suspense. Quite often, it is difficult to determine just how she will get out of the many and varied scrapes in which she finds herself. Once again, an incredibly fun and quick read.

Palm for Mrs Pollifax
Palm for Mrs Pollifax by D. Gilman (Mass Market Paperback - 1 April 1997)