5.0 out of 5 stars truly mouthwatering
Was eager to buy this book having followed the mouthwatering vegan blog for some time. One of my favourite recipe websites and I've loved the recipes I've tried.

On the plus side:
I am 100% confident the recipes will work, having tried some of Miriam's recipes on the mouthwatering vegan blog. Also that they are really delicious recipes, I am amazed at...
Published 13 months ago by Clare

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great for beginners
I was a bit disappointed to find that nearly all of the main dishes use vegan cheese. I like cheese, and Miriams recipe for homemade vegan cheese was one of the reasons i bought this book, but for some form of cheese to be used in nearly every recipe was a bit much. Where i live i can't buy vegan cheese so have to resort to buying online or making my own, both of which...
Published 10 months ago by Sarah simpson

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Loads of recipes, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
Loads of recipes easy to follow.
A few recipes use ready made stuff (I don't see the point to put into a recipe book just to build up a sandwich).
Cheese are the best recipe I found but there is a mistake in a dosage (I had to contact the author on facebook to find out).

5.0 out of 5 stars Creative Recipes, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
Great photography, and lovely recipes. Includes explanations of what a vegan kitchen should have, why one would choose to be a vegan, and lots of delicious recipes. I debated between 4 and 5 stars, only due to a few small recipe edits that will be included in the newer book. The author is thankfully very available for questions and problems, which is so important and why the book deserves a 5 rating, as there is great personal responses and responsibility in doing her best to help you make the perfect dish. Many authors are just glad you made a purchase but this one has a blog, a facebook page, and a magazine. The personal relations is an excellent addition that other books do not offer. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
I recommend this book to everyone. The recipe are delicious and, so far,what I make always work. And they come out just like the picture!:) the list of the ingredients looks big, but when you read nicely, they are simple thing's that normally we have in home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantasic!!, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
What can I say except this book is fantastic! Every recipe is clearly laid out as well as mouthwatering. I made the ginger and veggie broth and ended up fighting with my husband and nine year old daughter for the contents of the pot! They couldn't believe it was from a vegan book. Don't hesitate buy this book you won't regret it.

Ps. The mouthwatering vegan blog is great too.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best ever vegan cook book., 19 Aug 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
I have now made quite a few recipes from this book and everyone has been delicious and all my family have enjoyed them, none vegan members too. It is obvious the author is passionate in what she does and this shines through in this book. I look forward to making many more meals in the months to come and would highly recommend this book to any vegan or anyone else that is looking for healthier lifestyle for themselves and their loved ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars As t says on the cover, 17 Aug 2013
J. Maxted (Coventry, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
The recipes, photos and presentation makes this the best Vegan cookbook I've seen in my 11 years as a Vegan. I didn't think it would tell me anything "new" - I was wrong! The Facebook/web site is great too!!! Off to make some cheese now!

5.0 out of 5 stars How long have I waited for this beautiful book?, 14 Aug 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
I'd waited a long time for this book- having been a fan of the authors blog for such a long time. Well a few weeks ago it arrived (i ordered two - one for my sister and one for me). Since then we both haven't stopped cooking. Im a pasta fan so the Sun dried tomato, artichoke & Hazelnut Peppered Pesto was right up my alley. It was DELICIOUS. But one recipe does not make a cookbook. While I cooked the mushroom and sherry soup my sister cooked the dessert (the crumble). Perfection! But surely it couldn't get better. I turned to the Ale Pie. Magnificent - oddly, the muffins finished the meal off nicely. I tried to find fault with the book (such a nasty critic i am) so I thought i'd make three meals in one day - breakfast, lunch dinner (oh and a dessert makes four i guess). Would i find a chink in the armour? I cooked the vegan omelette, the ginger and veggie broth, the best-ever bolognese (it really is), and the chocolate bars. I give up ! Best cookbook i've ever owned. Do yourself a favour - buy it ! That is all.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent recipes, 3 Aug 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
I have been using Miriam's recipes on facebook and it is wonderful to actually own one of her books with beautiful and inspirations pictures of the wonderful recipes. I now have no excuse for not being a great cook. I can do it, thanks to Miriam.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very up-to-date, 13 Aug 2013
I was considering veganism for health reasons and most books I read were full of campaigning for animal rights (which isn't bad) and I felt instantly disengaged. These recipes and info with them were reasonably eat and didn't overwhelm me with animal rights issues.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book bit too glossy..., 11 July 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
I waited to read some other reviews before purchasing this book and from what I read I've given it a go.
As far as the recipes go I have tried quite a few from the website and they have all turned out brilliantly, some are repeated in the book. I've had no disasters with the recipes so far and have enjoyed the taste.
I will use this more for occasions rather than everyday cooking, due to timing and some ingredients being quite expensive when experimenting, especially when only a couple of Tbs are required.
Disappointed that the cover photo shows what looks like a meat substitute, and there's quite a lot in the book. Why did the word 'meat' have to be printed on the front cover?
Photo's are always lacking in Vegan cook books but personally I think there are too many in this one, giving an overall glossy 'coffee table' look which wont stay that way in many kitchens I doubt.
Confidence is a good thing but when lots of the intro's tell me 'it's the best ever' then it becomes a little self indulgent.
Could also do with guide times for prep & cooking as until you've made it once you don't know how long it's going to take. These little details help when you don't want to read through every recipe to work out times when deciding what to cook.

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 | Next ›

Mouthwatering Vegan
Mouthwatering Vegan by Miriam Sorrell (Paperback - 20 Jun 2013)
13.59