5.0 out of 5 stars truly mouthwatering
Was eager to buy this book having followed the mouthwatering vegan blog for some time. One of my favourite recipe websites and I've loved the recipes I've tried.

On the plus side:
Published 12 months ago by Clare

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great for beginners
Published 10 months ago by Sarah simpson

5.0 out of 5 stars truly mouthwatering, 24 Jun 2013

On the plus side:
I am 100% confident the recipes will work, having tried some of Miriam's recipes on the mouthwatering vegan blog. Also that they are really delicious recipes, I am amazed at Miriam's talent
The book is full of amazing photos
If an ingredient is slightly unusual there is an explanation of where to get hold of it
The recipes aren't run of the mill, lots of innovative ideas/flavour combinations in there

Some things to be aware of:
The recipes are decadent, SOME are a bit complicated to make and sometimes use expensive ingredients. I just see this as the style of mouthwatering vegan and they turn out amazing dishes so are well worth the effort.
The book gives measures in cups and ml, there are no grams or ounces.
There are a few repeats from the mouthwatering vegan website, but lots of new stuff as well.

Overall I love this book and can't wait to get stuck in and try the recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mouthwatering Vegan Recipes, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
Miriam Sorrell's long-awaited new vegan recipe arrived today and certainly doesn't disappoint. I've used many of Miriam's recipes from her Facebook page and they not only mouthwatering but extremely delicious. She is the only vegan cook whose recipes I can rely on time after time and my visitors always ask for more. If anyone's foo can persuade people to become compassionate human beings and become vegan, it's Miriam. Best of luck with the book, Miriam, and very well done/

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best vegan recipes books out there!, 28 Jun 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
This book is exactly what I was looking for! It contains loads of delicious recipes, which use ingredients that most people have in their cupboards at home! I wanted lots of fresh ideas about how to use vegetables in new and interesting ways and Miriam's book has definitely delivered. There are also recipes of how to make your own cheese and other ingredients. I didn't want a book that relied too heavily on meat replacement products and hard to get ingredients. This book is perfect for experienced vegan cooks and newcomers alike.

A HUGE thumbs up!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Book - But Cheddar Recipes Contain Errors, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
I've been a big fan of Miriam's online recipes over the years, and have been amazed at the delicious meals I've been able to create with her help. Not for one moment would I wish to deter anyone from buying this book (it's stunning!), but - unless I'm missing something - I'm surprised there's so far been no mention of the slip-up of the amount of agar powder required for the cheeses, and the tweak in the preparation steps - both of which Miriam has written about on her website.

Apparently, the revised recipe did not reach her publishers in time. So, in the spirit of being helpful (I hope) to all those prospective vegan cheese makers out there, here is one of her advisory announcements:

"Tip :- Regarding the Cheddar Recipes in my book – Double the amount of agar powder (do not use flakes as you would need to double the flakes i.e. 1 tbsp agar powder = 2 tbsp of flakes). So use powder and double the quantities for both the cheeses there. Also, when I say to add water in the recipe, add the water and agar into a saucepan and heat up stirring all the time until very thick (don’t panic if it over-thickens), continue mixing for 5-10 minutes (This process helps the agar to release it’s gelatinous qualities), then add this mixture to the food processor together with the remaining ingredients and process until smooth. Continue with the recipe from this point onwards when it says to process everything. Next step would be to pour the cheese mix and re-heat it, you would only need a couple of minutes of heat and stir it until it’s very thick, then it’s done, just add the mixture to a pre-greased container, allow to cool and refrigerate – for a denser result use coconut oil rather than olive oil, and increase agar powder further if you want an even denser cheese (people have different preferences when it comes to this). For melting purposes, aid the process by adding to toast, bakes or pizza and be sure to drizzle on the olive oil to help it break down further. "

I'd got to hear about doubling the agar powder, which I did, but not about first mixing and heating the powder with the water, so when trying the Mature Cheddar recipe I ended up with some - immensely tasty, mind you, and great on crackers - cheese spread.

So, hopefully this post is a bonus if you want to try your hand at a vegan cheese spread as opposed to a block of cheese - you now have options :) !

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely brilliant!, 22 Jun 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
absolutely fantastic! I have been waiting for this book for a while as I have been following the page on Facebook. It is very well written and has fantastic photographs which is inspiring for when you are deciding which recipe to make. This is the first time I have come across a vegan recipe book with pictures! I would definitely recommend this book to anybody vegan or not, there is lots of things in it that you would never think would be possible! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was hoping for!, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
Having tried a few recipes from Miriam's blog, I was delighted to learn of her first cookbook. I was not disappointed. It includes my first love - her Chocoholics cheesecake which I PROMISE you will not be noticed as vegan by anyone, and is absolutely to die for. I was amazed that she has her own recipes in here for vegan cheeses, and you can even satisfy your old desires for certain non-vegan confectionary using her skilled veganising shenanigans.
Don't be fooled into thinking this is an ultimately healthier cookbook - it is in many ways but fat still makes you fat regardless of where it comes from. However, whether you use this book for occasional treats or for everything else, you will not be sorry. And if that's not enough of an incentive, you will be helping to save the planets resources and helping to put an end to animal cruelty too. You can live without meat and dairy, and with food like this, why wouldn't you want to? Happy eating x

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything I hoped it would be!, 24 Jun 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
I have been awaiting this book ever since I knew Miriam was planning it, and it does not disappoint! It is beautifully laid out and contains such a perfect variety of recipes. You can dip into this to find something for every occasion. What I love about Miriam's recipes is that they are easily accessible, both in terms of the ingredients used and also the clear instructions. And always delicious! This is THE quintessential vegan cookbook.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great for beginners, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
I was a bit disappointed to find that nearly all of the main dishes use vegan cheese. I like cheese, and Miriams recipe for homemade vegan cheese was one of the reasons i bought this book, but for some form of cheese to be used in nearly every recipe was a bit much. Where i live i can't buy vegan cheese so have to resort to buying online or making my own, both of which require a lot of planning ahead. I also found that the authors taste is not the same as mine, meaning my first attempts at a lot of things were thrown out due to me finding them a bit..well....disgustingly overpowering. However, some recipes are just out of this world! The "best ever bolognese" is to die for, absolutely divine! And the moussaka is scrummy, though a bit too much oil used in the recipe for my liking, and a touch too sweet, but easy enough to modify. Some instructions i felt were not very clear, and more complicated than need be. For example, the recipes for milk and cream don't tell you how much you will end up with, which is a bit of a pain when it comes to making the cheeses. The milk recipe doesn't say to strain the milk, the author must not have a budget food processor like me, i definitely needed to strain it lol. In some recipes there are ingredients that you may not have to hand, but there's no alternative mentioned, so i feel that could be improved upon. When all is said and done i like this book a lot, but it's probably no good for beginners to cooking, and i hope future books will be easier to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!!!, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
I bought this book recently as I'm currently converting from 28 years of Vegetarianism to Vegan.
I't AMAZING ... I just love it!
I've not had chance to cook anything from it yet apart from the "Juicy Portobello Steaks in a Peppered Cognac Sauce"......a divine recipe! Easy to make and melt in the mouth gorgeousness!
The book is actually much bigger and with more content than I was expecting and full of really lovely picture's.
It makes me instantly hungry every time I look at it!
The recipes are really imaginative and unusual and best of all there are recipe's for Vegan Mozzarella and Vegan Mature Cheddar! This book is going to make the transition to Veganism SO much easier!
I can't recommend it highly enough. Buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome vegan recipe book!, 6 July 2013
This review is from: Mouthwatering Vegan (Paperback)
amazing vegan recipes to enjoy with all family, i cant wait to start doing some of the yummi desserts that appear in the book,
just to say, lovely, and very nice photos too.

Mouthwatering Vegan
Mouthwatering Vegan by Miriam Sorrell (Paperback - 20 Jun 2013)
13.59