5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing achievement
The best heroic fantasy series in the world keeps getting better. Though nearly 1,000 pages long, I had the feeling that it could easily have been 500 pages longer. Complaints about the Bran and Arya chapters never popped into my head. Yes, they move less decisively than some other plotlines but they all do progress significantly near the end and there's some very good...
Published on 27 Sept. 2000 by W. Thielemans

3.0 out of 5 stars Audiobook version
Plenty of other reviews go into detail about the content of the book, so I won't repeat that here. I'm enough of a fan of this series to persevere with the books, but not enough to rave about how amazing it is - it's good. The books seem to get steadily worse as the series progresses - that's not to say that they're poor, but that they lack finesse, and tend to plod...
Published 4 months ago by A. Nichol

‹ Previous | 133 34 3542 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Best series I have ever read!, 17 Aug. 2013
Amazing series that makes such a realistic an strong impression of the world; the characters end up actually meaning something to you, and George R .R. Martin makes you fear for those characters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 31 Dec. 2012
Jason S. Parker (Morgantown, WV, US) - See all my reviews
You like the characters so much at times you want to choke the author in disbelief. When you get angry about what happens in a book the author has done his job connecting you with his writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Is no-one safe?, 3 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: A Storm of Swords (Paperback)
Don't get too attached to the characters in this series; even the main characters are fair game for people's swords - two down in this book alone! Great writing, hurry up with the next book.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 2 Dec. 2014
George R R Martin is an excellent story teller. He keeps you guessing all the time and when you think you know where things are going he suddenly changes everything. A gripping read.

5.0 out of 5 stars SoS is up there with the best Fantasy novels ever., 2 Jan. 2001
This review is from: A Storm of Swords (Paperback)
Unpredictable and vast, this book is a lot smoother than the previous books, which were very good. I lost sleep with one of the major 'surprises'. But it was worth it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Ok, I admit it, I am obsessed with ..., 9 Jan. 2015
Ok, I admit it, I am obsessed with this series of books. I can't even allow myself to watch the TV series in case I don't "see" the characters in the same way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book, 3 Sept. 2000
This review is from: A Storm of Swords (Paperback)
Third volume of Martin`s series is even better than first two. Plot is wonderful and you don`t know what happen next. It will be very hard to wait for fourth volume.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a collection, 16 Sept. 2013
I bought this for a collection of mine, and I have all the rest now, it really is a lovely presentation and is a "First Edition" which I love to own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Product, 14 July 2013
Bought it for my dad for fathers day. Arrived faster than expected, well packaged. The book its self is a real quality item great for any collectors library

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 30 Aug. 2014
The way the story is worked out is exceptional. I half wish I had time to read what I've read so far again,but time is limited,so here's to the next book!4

‹ Previous | 133 34 3542 | Next ›

A Storm of Swords (Song of Ice and Fire)
A Storm of Swords (Song of Ice and Fire) by George R. R. Martin (Audio CD - 27 Mar. 2012)