5.0 out of 5 stars A quick, heart-warming, very funny read
This book was recommended by a close-friend with a similar taste in books & must say, even though it didn't massively appeal to me, I am very glad he did.

Published on 8 Jan 2008 by Captain EO

1.0 out of 5 stars ??
A very disappointing book. Apart from two jokes it had very little to do with Crystal's relationship with his father and it has more to do with name dropping.
Published 22 months ago by D.J. Brennan

5.0 out of 5 stars A quick, heart-warming, very funny read, 8 Jan 2008
Captain EO "No. 7" (Cardiff, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 700 Sundays (Paperback)

I can't say I'm a big fan of Billy Crystal - I've enjoyed his performances in the handful of movies I've watched of his & although find him to be a likable guy, I would never have usually read any acccount of his life. It subsequently came as a pleasant surprise to thoroughly enjoy this story of his early years with his father.

The book is quite simply a tale of Billy's childhood years up until his father passed away when he was a boy, hence the touching & clever title, 700 Sundays - the number of Sunday's spent with his beloved father. The book contains larger-than-life personalities (some very famous), hilarious anecdotes & stories ranging from everyday life to Billy's first steps to becoming a world famous comedian.

The relatively short length of the book ensures that every page is a delight to read and I'd recommend this to anyone that enjoys a good laugh or cry or anything of an auto-biographical nature.

4.0 out of 5 stars An up beat, feel good book, 24 Aug 2013
This review is from: 700 Sundays (Paperback)
This isn't a very long book, but in general is very up beat, and light. The last chapter or so is very sad, but real. I can't see why one reviewer said it had nothing to do with the relationship with his Father. It's everything about his relationship with his Father. He basically credits his Father for making him who he is today. The only reason I dropped a star is because I would of liked it to of been longer. It would make a good holiday book.

4.0 out of 5 stars 700 Sundays, 28 Oct 2012
Ali (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 700 Sundays (Paperback)
I'm quite a fan of autobiographies and memoirs, from famous people or otherwise, and I particularly like when the authors try to do something different. Billy Crystal made a point to write about the Sundays he spent with his father, the one day a week where he didn't have to work, which made this an entertaining and quick read. As his father died when he was in his mid-teens, it very much focused on Billy's childhood and his first forays into entertainment. The book was full of memorable characters and had plenty of moments of both laughter and sadness.

This book was a joy to read and being a Billy Crystal fan is not necessary to enjoy it (I personally only really know him from Monsters Inc and The Princess Bride). Recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars ??, 7 Mar 2013

700 Sundays
700 Sundays by Billy Crystal (Paperback - 24 Oct 2006)