5.0 out of 5 stars This Book has opened me up to feel again when I was numb.
Published on 20 Jun. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as I thought it would be
Okay, not as good as I thought it would be, having purchased other Joyce Meyer books.
Published 2 months ago by Carrie Shoes

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book has opened me up to feel again when I was numb., 20 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
I must say to the respectful and honorable woman of God. That this book has caused me to open doors that I have been to fearful to open and see what was inside. When, I started reading your story. I cried and was so surprised that experiences of abuse and rape have common response and reaction that I thought was an isolated case because it was happening to me. I am not alone and I can get healed, it is up to me. My body, my choice. Thank you, Joyce Meyers and Amazon.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring !, 27 Jan. 1998
By A Customer
"Beauty for Ashes" is a moving testimony to the power of faith. Unlike most self-help books, the author is not a psychiatrist. Everything she discusses is from personal experience. Meyer - a sexual abuse survivor - relates the emotional healing God bestows upon her, and the lessons she learns as a result. She outlines specific problems and shows how God will solve them if you work with Him. There are also Bible verses that support her inspirational message. The book is an easy read, and is not preachy or patronizing. Abuse survivors of any kind will benefit from reading this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars INSPIRING!, 1 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
Because Ms. Meyer is a victim of sexual abuse, her approach to this subject is unique and personal. She is bold, honest, real, and encouraging. She discusses all the ways that one's life is affected by abuse, and how to overcome these handicaps. It amazed and insprired me to know that Ms. Meyers came from where I am now to become a strong woman of God who ministers to the heart through the Spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars JESUS! THIS BOOK SAVED MY LIFE!, 1 Mar. 1999
By A Customer
As a victim of male sexual abuse, I never thought in my wildest imagination that a White Woman from Fenton, Mo., could touch my life in such a profound way.
Mrs. Meyers book set me on my road to delieverance. I thank God for her open and honest testimony of God's delieverance in this book.
I have truly come to know that God does give, "Beauty for Ashes!" For your shame, you shall recieve double!

4.0 out of 5 stars Self help to healing, 26 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing (Paperback)
Joyce writes openly and honestly about her life experiences and how her faith in God has brought her through.

Joyce talks about how the road to healing is not an easy one and there are steps that need to be taken by the victim. God can heal, build and encourage, but it does involve us taking those (sometimes extremely difficult) steps to move forward. Joyce talks the reader through Bible verses to demonstrate Gods love for all those He came to save and shows the reader how to move forward and accept God's grace, love and forgiveness.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just another self help book, 3 Jun. 2007
This review is from: Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing (Paperback)
This book was given to me by a friend at a time when I was going through some very tough counselling and trying to deal with past abuse issues. As I read this book I found it really helpful to know that Joyce had been through much tougher personal experiences, but was now healed. This book is truly inspirational in terms of the reality of what Joyce has come from and where she is now. She has an amazing testimony of the grace of God. However, Joyce pulls no punches in this book and does not under estimate what has to be gone through if you really want to come out the other side. I could identify with her "Doorways of Pain" and her honesty and realism. In no way does she play down the pain that must be gone through to be free of the past. She does not believe in quick fix solutions to emotional healing but does believe in a God who heals if we work with him.

I have read and re-read this book over and over again still gaining fresh insight. I am now buying for a friend who I hope will find it equally encouraging and inspiring. I would recomend it to anybody either dealing with personal abuse issues or trying to support/counsel those who have experience past abuse. It is both honest, real and encouraging. Although written from a Christian viewpoint, it is equally relevant to those without a faith.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 25 Nov. 2010
I like Joyce's 'no nonsense' approach, and the fact that she knows what she's talking about. Very inspiring, and a must for all Christian women who have experienced abuse in their lives.

5.0 out of 5 stars What can I say but buy it!!!!, 12 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing (Paperback)
If you need emotional healing buy it!
Especially if you have suffered abuse,
Truly the best book I've ever read,
I've got so much revelation, freedom and understanding from it,
Things I wondereded why do I do that? she explains why we do react in certain ways,
I often struggle to get through books but I haven't put this one down,
I've had it ages and tried to read it once before but it wasnt the time, I think there are seasons for books.
:-)

5.0 out of 5 stars All of us need healing!, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing (Paperback)
I don't believe that this book should only be read by those who have suffered what is deemed to be traumatic abuse, whatever the nature of that abuse. We are all messed up in many ways. The healing of the soul is for every person who is walking this planet. To be saved is the word 'sozo' to be made whole. Whilst I am in no way diminishing the pain that many have gone through I believe there is not one person who does not need the 'sozo' of God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty For Ashes, 30 Jan. 2014
I was a single mom divorced and rejected and this had been a huge burden and by the end of this book, I have been led to by God to honour my parents from my heart for my being alive now. I am double recompense. I am married again, a pastor's wife, mother to his grown kids as well as my daughter and grandkids who know me as nanna. I am a highly favoured child of God, living in His Protection and love. Be blessed Joyce for the courage to share your pain showing others we can overcome with God's help in Jesus Name.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing
Beauty for Ashes: Receiving Emotional Healing by Joyce Meyer (Paperback - 1 Nov. 2003)