5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, but very important message!, 4 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Water: For Health, for Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty! (Paperback)
For most of my life I have drank too little water and I knew that it is not good for you but neither I had the time to be always reaching for water neither was I thirsty. My interest in this book came from the fact that I suffer from bad allergies, all year around and I hoped that it would give me a bit more insight into how to deal with them. The book is well written, albeit with some repetitions and it is easy to read. Once in a while the author gets into more technical information but that will interest a lot of people so it is not a bad thing. I have been trying to follow his advice for two weeks now and I have to say that I don't notice any changes but I will go on doing it because if nothing else it is good for my health in general. I don't notice any difference in the condition of my skin either but maybe I need a lot more time to see the changes.

I don't share the authors love for soya milk or vegetable oils, I have to say. His explanations on the fact that we shouldn't be afraid of neither the sun not cholesterol are very interesting and quite up to date. As far as the USA being scientifically the most advanced nation in the world, that I am not sure of.

I do have two doubts and have therefore contacted the author through his website hoping he will clarify them: he mentions tea as not being a substitute for water but does he mean herbal teas as well, because after all they don't contain caffeine? In the book he mentions drinking water 2 1/2 hours after a meal but in his website he says 30 minutes, which one is preferable in order not to upset digestion?

He also mentions that in medical schools more than 600 hours are allocated to teaching about the use of pharmaceutical products but other authors say that doctors don't learn much about the use of medication till they become interns in a hospital. He also says that there are no risks in drinking water and waits till the end of the book to point out that one should drink it with a pinch of salt and take multi-vitamins or else one would be losing too many minerals. The truth is that there have been people who have died after drinking too much water.

As far as cholesterol goes I was surprised that he says that on one hand it is very necessary and there is no "bad" cholesterol but on the other hand he thinks that the minimum advised could even be lower than it is now. As far as I know it is a known fact that women who live the longest often have high cholesterol and that lowering cholesterol in old people is a bad idea and can lead to Alzheimer's.

He seems to trust what the water companies say about its quality.... I have to say that I don't! We filter our drinking water but even then we are not sure that the quality is as it should be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Drink Some Water!, 2 Dec. 2008
Yes, pure clean water is good for your health.
But reading this book gives you the idea that it will cure all your problems.

Many of the suggestions in the book are helpful, such as, if you have allergies, drink more water. Our bodies can also be strained if we drink too much water.

Overall, this book will help you get very clear and aware of your bodies needs for thirst.

This review is by Ramiel Nagel author of Healing Our Children: Because Your New Baby Matters! Sacred Wisdom for Preconception, Pregnancy, Birth and Parenting (ages 0-6) & Cure Tooth Decay: Heal and Prevent Cavities with Nutrition (First Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing!, 14 Dec. 2013
I have been ill for about 2 years now. And nothing the dr have me worked. I was signed off work long term and yet I still felt so sick after all the rest as well. This book has totally changed that an after reading it and applying what I read, within the first day of drinking enough water my symptoms were pretty much gone. Which is amazing because iv been in hospital over them. I would usually be in bed by 7pm sick but I was able to stay up till 10:30 pm. Was amazing to feel like a healthy normal 25 year old. Would defo recommend this 100%

5.0 out of 5 stars book review, 17 Aug. 2013
brilliant book such an interesting subject matter who would have thought it that the essence of life water is so important we have lost our way.

5.0 out of 5 stars Convinced, 17 Oct. 2013
M. Palmer (England) - See all my reviews
A good read a little too technical for a layman like me but the principal is worth putting into practise,I've lent it to my doctor .

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Dec. 2014
everyone should read this - sick or not !

Water: For Health, for Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty!
Water: For Health, for Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're Thirsty! by Fereydoon Batmanghelidj (Paperback - Jun. 2003)
Used & New from: £3.92