on 15 June 1998
The author is very personable and enjoyable to listen to. However, I think a more appropriate title would be, "How to be a near perfect CEO, if you are already a CEO." I expected this book to provide insight that might take an average person and help them to acquire the mindsets that drive profitabilty and other skills that propel one to become a CEO. I didn't find that in this book. There are some useful ideas in this book though. Am I glad I read it? Yes. Would I buy it if I had it to do over again? Well, maybe I'd borrow a copy from the library.
on 17 October 2008
Debra Benton has constructed a solid list of attributes that she believes are essential for a successful CEO. It is an impressive list. Some of the items are obvious such as Secure in Self, Tenacious, Honest and Ethical. Others are a little surprising - Publicly Modest, A Tad Theatrical, Good Storyteller. Each is explained in a clear and easy to read style. With many examples and stories about how the attributes are used, the book builds into a compendium of best practice for CEOS. There is little that is startling in the book but nonetheless it is a useful guide to what it takes to succeed.
on 16 June 1998
'...Think Like a CEO is another book that lends common sense, easy to understand information about leadership skills in the business world. Benton's examples are full of insight. Unlike many business books that use long, scientific style examples of handling business encounters, D.A. provides pointed demonstrations. The examples are a blend of relatable straight talk and humor. I checked this one out from the library and because I hated to take it back. I incurred late fees in the amount, in which I could have used to purchase the book! Get the book.
on 21 June 1999
I felt that the book was missing a certain element of consistency but that it did offer some helpful advice. I am not sorry that I bought the book but would not recommend the book to a colleague. Hope her next book is better as I have found her previous books to be very useful.
on 2 October 2012
A good basic text that acts as a reminder of how to be as a good leader and causes you to take time to think "am I behaving well in this situation". Some examples may seem dated now but the premise still works ...
on 28 August 2015
Easy to read with some actions one can take immediately.
on 31 December 2014