5.0 out of 5 stars Totally hooked!
Published on 14 April 2010 by Travel Wallet

2.0 out of 5 stars Little sense of plot or period
I'd greatly enjoyed the Coxwells by the same author, where there was a really distinctive "voice" and a deftly plotted novel. This is flabby by comparison. Characters float from sympathetic to stupid, from loving to malevolent, for no convincing reason. The sense of period is completely missing - at a time when life expectancy was short, an unmarried beautiful...
Published 22 months ago by Georgiana Wickham

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally hooked!, 14 April 2010
This review is from: The Beauty Bride (Mass Market Paperback)
I got drawn into Claire Delacroix's saga's through reading The Rogue, The Scoundrel and The Warrior which all had me completely hooked. Fantastic story lines and completely entertaining. I struggled to put the books down as I was desperate to see what would happen next so wound up reading into early morning hours! The Beauty Bride was a natural continuation of characters from the previous books mentioned which was again fantastic! These are humurous and the characters have you completely drawn in. I finished Beauty Bride feeling desperate to get my hands on The Red Rose Bride which was again so entertaining and if you are one that likes a intrigue and spell bound mysteries re. fairies etc then this is definitely for you. The characters naturally flow onward from book to book and I am now desperately waiting for my copy of the Snow White Bride. You will not be sorry. All romance readers should read these books - prepare yourselves for many a late night!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful little gem, 11 Mar. 2013
Well, this was yet another freebie Kindle Download that worked really rather well.

I was out of my comfort zone a little as this was based earlier than my usual Georgian era.

There was also the surprising addition of a little fairy jiggery-pokery written in.

I found it to be very lyrically written, and even the inclusion of the fairy seemed to work. In fact, I would love to have heard more of the mischief she could unleash.

The characters were believable and worth investing in, and I look forward to adding the others in the series to my wish list, and would even be prepared to pay for them.

This is not a book that I would have felt cheated if I'd actually paid good money for it rather than gathering it into my reading fold as a freebie, and it earner it's 4 stars well.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Beauty Bride, 6 Jun. 2012
I thought this book started of real slow but i really got into it & then couldn't put it down. fab read :)

5.0 out of 5 stars "These Lammergeier women are wrought of stern stuff", 6 Jun. 2012
So says hero Rhys in admiration of his spirited wife and her sisters at the climax to this terrific tale.

A delightful story with a feisty, bright, humorous and of course beautiful heroine in Madeleine paired with a dark, handsome, brooding and, necessarily, secretive hero in Rhys. In a desperate bid for much needed clan funds she is unwillingly auctioned off in marriage by her brother the new, young and inexperienced, Laird. Madeleine ends up being bought by Rhys - an 'outlaw' with a price on his head. She is livid at the indignity and not prepared to take it lying down. After extracting a promise from her brother, that he will not put their younger sisters through the same ordeal, she flees her home and prospective husband.

The story follows her on her adventures, away from the castle walls of her home for the first time. Rhys, of course, figures largely in those adventures. I particularly like that Rhys is doubtful about his own appeal not believing he has the ability to woo a woman outside the use of his charming little tales. The end is pleasing with all strands of the tale satisfyingly dealt with plus Madeleine's brother redeems himself.

Admittedly, at the start of the book I did wonder what I was getting into as a great many characters including a mischievous fairy were introduced at a rapid rate. However, everything and everyone soon slotted into place for a very enjoyable read. So if you too want an enjoyable read. Read this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 15 Jan. 2013
A magical, enchanting story; an intriguing hero and brave heroine. There is so much going on here. The dour, stoic Rhys purchases his bride at auction, and despite his ulterior motive, sets about easing her fears. His bride needs must be feisty to endure marriage to an outlaw. Delightfully whimsical, there are inteferring spriggans, evil stepmothers, conniving nuns, and plenty of romance. There's no annoying attempts at unintelligible (and ridiculous) dialect- not a 'ken' or a 'look you' in sight. Such a relief. I was entranced from beginning to end. I particularly loved Rhys' storytelling. Enough history to give setting without turning dry, and enough accuracy to prevent insulting the reader's intelligence. I really must seek more of this author.

4.0 out of 5 stars The beauty bride (the jewels of Kinfairlie), 30 Dec. 2012
A Very enjoyable book . It had a good story line. A little of every thing. Well worth a read

4.0 out of 5 stars romance, 21 Aug. 2013
I enjoyed this period drama and would consider buying more from this author..it's extremely well written with a gripping storyline..

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 Stars, 21 April 2014
Not quite five stars because I am not a great fan of fairies and magic however it was well written and a good story altogether.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 11 Sept. 2013
Anyone who wants a classic read should get this one. Will look out for more by this author, absolutely brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Good series from the author, 25 July 2013
Mrs K B (South East England) - See all my reviews
Have really enjoyed this series from the author. This is the first and probably my favourite. I love the character of Madeline and how her relationship develops with Rhys. I particularly liked the development of their loyalty to one another.

The Beauty Bride
The Beauty Bride by Claire Delacroix (Mass Market Paperback - 28 Jan. 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01