Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 9 February 1999
This book was so good that I can't begin to find the words to explain the greatness. Who would have thought two complete opposites would attract each other. Wait!!! When you really got down to it, were they really opposites? It's goes according to ones own opinion. Never in a million years would one have thought the detective would go to such drastic measures to avenge his partners death. The savvy lawyer, crook, thought he was untouchable. Not quite, just untouched until he committed the ultimate mistake of killing the detective's partner and friend. This is a must read. Ever since reading this book I have been hooked. She even surpasses Danielle Steel, at least in my opinion.
on 5 June 1998
New Orleans is my favorite city on the planet. She has everything, and you either love her at once or you never understand her at all.
What Sandra Brown fails to realize is that New Orleans embraces all walks of life with the same enthusiasm. Yes, Pinky was a crook and a bad guy, but in New Orleans, he'd fit in just fine with the elite.
I might have bought the good cop takes on the bad guy in some other city, but, not in New Orleans. In New Orleans, they sit side by side at the Acme Oyster Bar.
Besides missing New Orleans' character all together, Brown's story really isn't too tightly woven. I didn't really feel sorry for Pinky's trapped wife and I really didn't much like the crusading cop.
To me, this book just flat misses the mark.
on 11 April 1997
New Orleans Law Enforcement Officer Burke Basile has become a near berserker as his life falls apart. During an official drug raid, his partner accidentally dies from a bullet fired by Burke. His personal life also goes down the drain when he catches his spouse sharing a shower with another person. Burke seeks revenge on the person he holds responsible for the utter collapse of his life.
...... To enact his vengeance on master criminal Pinkie Duvall, attorney to the rich and infamous, Burke first resigns from the force. He next poses as a priest to kidnap Pinkie's wife, Remy, an unloved trophy. The success of the kidnapping sparks a war between the ex-cop and the
lawyer that spills all over the streets of Mardi Gras-bound New Orleans. However, it was not in the plan that the guard and the prisoner would fall in love with each other. Honor aside, with the
muscle of the mob behind Pinkie, it appears that the criminal element will win this time unless a miracle occurs.
........Sandra Brown is one of the leading authors of romantic suspense, a creative talent that please fans of both genres. FAT TUESDAY is clearly a Ms. Brown novel because it is loaded with plenty of action, fabulous characters set in the Big Easy, and a rousing sexual romance. Though the good vs the bad scenario seems at first glance to be quite simplistic (so was STAR WARS), this is one suspense-laden book that will be enjoyed by everyone.

.........Harriet Klausner
on 11 July 1997
Fat Tuesday is sure no Executive. The story line is thin, and where there could be a little more the plot, it leaves you flat. You start with a villian you love to hate and add a hand raised virgin bride, who though seems to be some what intelligent, is too whimpy for words. This is where the editors let the audience, readers, down. There could of been more character added to the heroine, a little more to let you know what she had to face. Instead they give you the ice queen. By the time you figure out what she is facing you don't care.
The hero is a stressed out cop, who is guilty of shooting his own partner. Sandra lets out too much information on the whys in his character structure, why the underlying guilt, and what he is up against.
Personally I was looking for another block buster, I got a whimp. It should of been called Thin Tuesday--- get yourself a new editor, they let us down on this one.
This was engrossing and I did enjoy it. But very predictable and wouldn't read it again. The heroine just wasn't engaging enough. She's quite weak.

Burke Basile is a cop with nothing left to lose. Haunted by his partner's death, his marriage and his career over, he focuses on his nemesis, Pinkie Duvall, a flamboyant attorney who helps killers evade justice. Burke's shocking revenge centers around kidnapping Remy, the lawyer's trophy wife. But Burke hasn't planned on the electric attraction he'll feel for this desperate woman, who rose from the slums of New Orleans to marry a man she can never love. Nor can he predict the fierce duel that will explode as the clock ticks toward midnight on Fat Tuesday, when all masks will be stripped away--and Burke must confront his own terrifying secret.
on 12 August 1999
Another great book from Sandra Brown. It was extremely difficult to put down. The author had a great mix of suspense and romance, and the characterization was excellent. I highly recommend it!
on 7 July 2004
I'm a big SB fan and I have to say that this book is excellent. I had two problems with it though. The first is that the characters weren't developed enough, especially the heroine. We didn't get to fully understand her and her reactions or thoughts about specific incidents. The second problem is that the book moves so fast that I finished it too quickly. It's one of those books where you finish and feel so good that you read it. I highly recommend this book.
on 29 June 1999
This book won't be a favorite for hardcore romance readers, but if you like romantic suspense, this one will keep you reading. Fat Tuesday will go on my list of all time favorites.
on 19 October 1998
Although this is the 1st Sandra BROWN novel that I've ever read, I like it a lot. The first 1 to 2 chapters might be a bit stale and ordinary, but when it got to the plot part, it got very interesting. It has actions; it has some small romance, and most importantly, a good story line making it more enticing and rich to read. I literally stayed up late attempting to finish the book before I yielded to my sleepiness. I am quite surprised that a woman author could write an action oriented book that comes out well like FAT TUESDAY. I am definitely looking forward to her next novel.
on 2 August 1997
From the first page of the new thriller, Fat Tuesday, to the satisfying conclusion, Sandra Brown keeps us on the edge of our seat with a riveting plot, compelling action and intriguing characters. Although it is clear who the two main "good guys" are and who the two main "bad guys" are, there is pure suspense about everyone in between. The reader is swept up in Basille's quest to "set things right," and we are consumed with wondering if he can do it without becoming just like the villains he is up against. Great book!