Format: Leather Bound|Change

on 11 June 2007
practical info.

i bought the leatherbound version.

very big bible. lovely leather very scented. gilt edges. flops perfectly on your lap or in your hands. as an object it is quite satisfying.

material?

well people on amazons .com site had complained that it is not a study bible. well no this bible is twice as many pages long as my study bible!

there are loads of things joyce has put in in different colour to main text.

book introductions-these helpfully tell you what this book will be relevant to in life. what sort of subject it covers.

life points-these are little notes in the text that simply pull together what the text is saying and makes it relevant.

speak the word--often at the bottom of the page they are declarations or prayers taken from the text to be spoken out loud.

putting the word to work--notes that highlight biblical principles for you to think on.

the word for your everyday life--these are chunks of joyces words and experience that help you, if you may be wondering how leviticus might apply to your life for example these will help.

amplified bible translation--this gets alot of flak and people call it the multiple choice bible. but i have always found that the extra words in brackets expand on and clarify the rest of the bible. you either love the amp or hate it. but it is worth trying it.

there is an index at the back to show you where all these added pieces are. i have to say that if seperated they would still make a large book.

there is also a massive section on verses to help with whatever you are going through. and finally there are a substantial number of plain lined pages for your notes.

this is a wonderful bible and i have never seen such a book. the word is a powerful thing by itself but joyces notes really make it fresh and show you how it's relevant.

this is a very good quality book in construction and holds what i believe is going to turn my faith walk up a notch. i don't need fifteen coloured maps and weigh conversions and a list of how many times "and" appears in the bible. what i want is to know what god is saying to me and how i can live for him and this is the book to do that.

i would reccomend it.
55 comments|161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 April 2007
joyce has excelled herself by illuminating, illustrating and expanding on points in the Bible. To enable anyone, whatever stage they are at on their Christian walk, to fully appreciate the Word of the Lord. The life points she makes are valid and from the heart and from a strong, true faith. I wholeheartedly recommend this version to anyone and encourage people to look at her other publications and at her website, as this lady has a firm grasp of what Chrisianity is all about, she is the Real Deal.
on 29 November 2007
As a new christian, the prospect of reading the whole bible for the first time can be very daunting. But as per usual Joyce is right there...'on point'. She has made this easier for me to comprehend, giving me the opportunity to discover how I can apply the teachings of the bible to MY 'every day life'. I'm 28yrs old now and I aim to spend the rest of my years serving God & his purpose, Joyce just makes my goal a little more realistic and obtainable. Buy It!-You wont regret it!
on 12 January 2008
I bought this as a gift to myself. I like the idea of having comments or explanations alongside the Bible text, from a Christian author I know and trust.It is a lovely Bible with nice big print. The only thing that I find lacking is the abscence of an index or mini concordance or any consistent form of cross-referencing. Although I love using this Bible for my daily Quiet Time I still need to refer to my Thompson Chain Bible from time to time when I want to do a verse-by-verse study on a particular topic.
on 1 May 2015
I've been reading a NKJV Bible for years. I heard about this Bible on the Joyce Meyers Podcasts.(Highly Recommended Listening ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
This Bible is like a breath of fresh air.
To be able to read this Bible without interruption. No,having to stop. Look up a word or return to the start of the verse to understand "Old English" as I call it.
Genius idea!!
The word just flows and makes you relax and let the relevant things soak in
God Bless Joyce
on 1 July 2010
I'm so glad I got this everyday life bible, I love all the extra bits like 'speak the word', it helps you to use God's word to pray. I love the longer explanations, which focus on specific passages. Joyce gives her valuable insight and teaching. If you like Joyce and the way she writes, you'll love this bible. It's well worth buying.
on 21 October 2010
I saw this bible for the first time with a great woman who came to preach at my local church and touched my life so much. I decided to get the bible and i must say, its been one of my best buys. Joyce Meyer not only clarifies and discusses day to day issues we all could go through, she also explains at the beginning of any part of the bible when,how it was written and by whom and how the bible passages affect our day to day lives. It has been an eyeopener for me and makes me actually enjoy reading the bible. Any other bible i ever had is quite boring compared to it because its enligtening and easily understandable.I recommend it 100%.
on 30 November 2014
Fantastic quality and a must for anyone who is looking to learn more about the Word if God. It's such a pretty Bible in itself and as always, Joyce makes everything easy to understand. Even my roommate loved it and she doesn't own a Bible! Don't hesitate, buy one.
on 2 May 2009
What a fantastic Bible!! The Amplified version is so helpful with its use of brackets to explain and the big plus - commentary from Joyce Meyer, one of the greatest Christians ever! Leather bound copy will last forever. Couldn't be more pleased.
on 15 January 2014
This is an Amplified Version study bible and is definitely one of the best bibles around. I've been a believer for about 32 years now and have used many bibles and different versions over the years, but this is still one of favourite bibles. I love Joyce Meyers' articles and comments within, which always speak to me personally, as well as the funky pink leather look (although the silver wording has worn out quite a bit through wear). I think so highly of this bible that I have given 6x of these (in different colours) to friends and family! If you don't like pink, you can have your pick from silver, brown or green leather or hardback!