4.0 out of 5 stars fab 2nd in the series, 20 April 2012
Sian Louise (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Hide from Evil (Mass Market Paperback)
I couldn't wait to read this after the first book Beg for Mercy.
Unfortunately due to having readers block its taken me a while to get to it :)

But when I did I could NOT put it down.

I loved the character of Sean in Beg for Mercy and was disappointed when we didn't get much from him. I was also intrigued by Krista and how she was willing to accept she did wrong and I liked how she then did everything in her power to do the right thing.

From the outstart you can feel the chemistry between the two of them, despite the circumstances in which they met etc. They are both fighting against it because of this but they can't for very long, evenn with the life and death situations they find themselves in, in trying to get to the truth behind who helped frame Sean and why.

I really enjoyed the love story, one of the better one I have read for a while, but with the rest of the storyline (which started in Beg for Mercy) I really enjoyed this. The back story behind Nate and his family and the people who helped to frame Sean for murder, it was written very well with a gripping un-put-downable storyline. This book didn't slow and there was quite a lot of action in it as well as steamy love making scenes. Phew! Who wouldn't want a Sean of their own after reading this.

There were quite a few secondary characters in this as well as a few reacurring characters from the first book.

I don't recommend reading this as a stand alone book though. A lot of this story gets started in book 1 and it could become confusing for someone to come in at the second book.
I really enjoyed this and I look forward to reading the third book :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Romantic Suspense, 29 Oct 2013
Hide from Evil basically begins where Beg for Mercy ends. The story arc of Nate, the Seattle Slasher, is still ongoing, even though it's not about Nate himself. We learn that the corruption sinks a lot deeper than anyone imagined. This time, however, we follow Sean, the sexy guy cleared of all murders, and Krista, the Deputy PA that had originally put him on death row.

I was really looking forward to this instalment. I liked Sean a lot from what I read of him in book one, and I couldn't wait to get started. The fact that his love interest was Krista made the connection between the two even more interesting. How can Sean feel anything, let alone fall in love, with the woman who not only worked tirelessly to put him behind bars and on death row, but also believed, without a doubt, that he was the Seattle Slasher.

The action and suspense is here in spades as it was with the first instalment, however I felt this time it did get a bit bogged down with too much detail. Sometimes my mind wandered when the characters were sifting though endless files online and talking things out to try and get their heads around what was going on. I definitely appreciate that the author was trying to give a balance of intrigue and romance, but sometimes the detail went on for too many pages. The ending was great though, and I loved the tension that the climactic scene created.

The romance was brilliant. I loved Sean and Krista, even more than Megan and Cole, which is saying something. The dynamics between Sean and Krista were just so good from the start. Sean detested Krista for what she did to him, and watching his feelings evolve and the passion grow was just so delicious. Krista's guilt was eating her up inside for getting it wrong, and trying to come to terms with it has been difficult for her. Plus, once she starts to get to know Sean while on their journey together to find out the truth, she realises that this man could never hurt a woman let alone brutalise, rape and murder them. Her guilt is palpable and I loved that about her. Both her and Sean were very realistic characters which made their romance even more enjoyable.

The time they had together was pretty brief in between so much going on plot wise, but when they were together it was steamy, sexy, basically everything you want from a romantic suspense. We also meet a few of the other characters we first came into contact with in Beg for Mercy. Namely Jack and Talia, who are also the hero/heroine for book three.

Because the romance knocked my socks off, I give this instalment 4 Stars. If the detailed suspense aspect was toned down a little I have no doubt my rating would have been higher.

4.0 out of 5 stars hide from evil, 13 Nov 2014
Jami Alden is a brilliant writer. Good read. Loved the suspense and intrigue. Will definitely read more of her books.

Hide from Evil
Hide from Evil by Jami Alden (Mass Market Paperback - Nov 2011)
Used & New from: £0.01