4.0 out of 5 stars Too soon
Published on 2 Feb 2010 by Ms. L. Hannon

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe I spend money on this crap
Published on 6 Aug 2012 by Nadia Z.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe I spend money on this crap, 6 Aug 2012
I have been going back and forth whether to read this book or not so a few weeks ago I decided to finally buy the Kindle version (2003 edition) because so many fans were referring to this book when talking about Michael's life. Big mistake on my part! With every page I turned, I became more disgusted by Taraborelli and my blood pressure kept rising sky high. I could not believe the little sarcastic remarks on every single page and the whole `Michael is nuts' vibe that I got from the book.

Taraborelli claims to be a friend of Michael, yet he can only present us with 1 pic of him and Michael taken in the 70's. Furthermore his whole book is dedicated to ridiculing Michael and portraying him as a spoiled, bitchy, dramatic, whining child which is - if you know Michael or have seen interviews with him and people close to him - is so far from the truth.
For one, his chapter on the Chandler case is not accurate at all. There are stories in this book, the writer couldn't possibly know and yet he writes it as if he was a fly on the wall throughout Michael's life. Overall this book reads like tabloid trash and Taraborelli takes every opportunity to throw Michael under the bus.

I can only hope that, with the autopsy report available, his last edited version of this book has some more truth in it and stays away from claims as the ridiculous story of the nose prosthetic (no prosthetic mentioned in the autopsy report), how bleaching caused his vitiligo (and not the other way around), the huge amount of plastic surgery (far less than people think which the autopsy report proofs - no cheekbones implant, no jaw implants), ...

If you want to get to know the real Michael Jackson, go watch interviews with him and people close to him (And no, his family was NOT close to him.) or watch TII and the specials that are on the DVD en blu-ray. Books I would also recommend are:
- "My Friend Michael" by Frank Cascio
- "Man in the Music" by Joe Vogel
- "Dancing the Dream" by Michael Jackson
- "Moonwalk" by Michael Jackson
- "Conspiracy" by Aphrodite Jones
- "It's all for L.O.V.E." by MJ's fans

4.0 out of 5 stars Too soon, 2 Feb 2010
Ms. L. Hannon - See all my reviews
Ive always admired this author for his honest insight into the star he writes about and have read all the books he's wrote on michael jackson but although this book is very good i think he wrote it too soon after michaels death without properly looking into michaels years after the trail. It is very emotional from the authors point of view as he had become very fond of the jacksons and has been following there careers from the begining of his. Dont think this will be the whole story as more is already emerging about the final years as the book made michael out to be a bit of a dithering wreck who didnt see to know. or care what day it was. Good read but like i say, in my opinion wrote too soon.

Michael Jackson: The Magic, the Madness, the Whole Story, 1958-2009
Michael Jackson: The Magic, the Madness, the Whole Story, 1958-2009 by J. Randy Taraborrelli (Paperback - 24 Aug 2010)
Used & New from: 4.23